Home

The Blocking Scheme

This is a discussion on The Blocking Scheme within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
The Blocking Scheme

While I personally don't find it hard to run in madden, the blocking scheme does not work like it should.

For example, when running a play like HB Iso, the offensive lineman each usually pick up a d-line while the center goes straight to the second level. But, what happens in real life is the center and left guard double the DT of the side they're running too to get him out of the play then the center moves to the linebackers. In madden this doesn't happen.

Couple More Tidbits
1)Man converage could be better
2)The spin catch shouldnt be completely eliminated because sometimes it prevents picks.
3) Ball and on-field interactions should facilitate the possibility of the fade in Madden, but it shouldn't 70-80% of time like some ppl say it should.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: The Blocking Scheme

[quote=jaiy360;2039176635]

For example, when running a play like HB Iso, the offensive lineman each usually pick up a d-line while the center goes straight to the second level. But, what happens in real life is the center and left guard double the DT of the side they're running too to get him out of the play then the center moves to the linebackers. In madden this doesn't happen.

quote]

Your describing lead zone, not iso. In isolation plays, the center is actually responsible for helping the backside guard in over defenses. Not that it matters, the blocking schemes in Madden are definitely f'ed.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I checked it, I meant iso.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Fix the traps while you're at it.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiy360
I checked it, I meant iso.
Iso:

..............................w..........m........ ....s
.................................................. ..........................
...............................e..........n......t .........e
................................o.....o....x....o. ...o....o
.............................................q
..............................................f... .............
..............................................t

center and left guard responsible for nose and will lb (backside), rt guard and rt tackle double team dt to the mike, fullback lead on s, tb read and cut off of double team

lead zone: rt tackle and te double on de to strong safety/corner, center and rt guard zone tackl to mike, left guard cut off nose, lt tackle sift to will, full back lead, tb read de 1 to dt 2

Don't know who or what you checked, but it wasn't up to date. I guess some people call the lead zone play isolation, because that's what gets run most of the time in the pros, but the iso in its true form is base-blocked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 06:05 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Fix the traps while you're at it.
Agreed, along with counter-gap type plays, power-gap schemes, zone schemes still aren't right, base-blocking is wrong too. Wait a minute, someone name a run blocking scheme that is actually blocked the right way. Hopefully, with the addition of some "football guys" onto the team, that stuff can get fixed.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

While not necessarily an issue with run blocking, how about a highlight system for specific blitzers, i.e. putting a back to chip James Harrison rather than having him just go try to do his own thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »