Home

This quarterback delay is killing me

This is a discussion on This quarterback delay is killing me within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-12-2009, 07:52 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 18
Re: This quarterback delay is killing me

A legitimate problem I am sure everyone has is that this timing factor effects extra points.

Why on earth does it take 10+ seconds for the CPU to snap the ball for the extra point???

It is unnecessary to deal with after every touchdown scored.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
The playmaker option has to be available to account for checks that are made by the defense in adjusting to certain formations, personnel alignment, etc. Unless there is some way to automatically make these adjustments, I just don't see any other way. I do, however, see some of the playmaker adjustments as unrealistic, but I don't get why you on one hand criticize the computer for taking too long to snap and then criticize opponents for making stupid adjustments. Why don't you just snap the ball quicker when playing those guys. I do think the option to speed up/slow down cpu snapping is a good idea.
User vs user is fine,I'm talking about when I play the computer,I don't mind Manning b/c at least he moves his arms and does stuff,not just stand their like a drone.Playmaker is fine,I just don't understand why peeps need 10 seconds(against computer) to make 5-6 unrealistic changes when you have all them defensive plays to choose from,now you need playmaker against user for QB contain and whatnot,point is game plays fine against user,I just want the computer to call damn hike on plays were the clock is stopped is all.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

I really would like to see Ian comment on this. Every where this complaint has come up I havn't seen a response from him.

That is also understandable, and I know that the hardcore players like the delay, but there is also the share of people who dont.

So id like to know if they are looking into a way to cater to us all or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #12

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
That is also understandable, and I know that the hardcore players like the delay, but there is also the share of people who dont.
Which is why the correct solution is something that would make everyone happy, such as a slider.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #13
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

The snap taking the same amount of time, each time, short or long, is not right. But...

IMO, the problem is circular. Madden's play calling style is very limited. Yes, some folks use Play Maker for adjustments, but many use it to make up for what they can't call in the huddle. Depending on what you wanted to call, and what's available, you may need to make 4, 5, 6 adjustments. It takes time.

Change the play calling method so people can mix blitzes & coverage (& stunts) themselves instead of being stuck with what EA included, and most of the Play Maker nonsense would be unecessary. Then folks wouldn't complain about needing more time to make their "adjustments". Then EA could vary the snap count/timing like real life.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #14
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I think the more realistic way to go would be to mix it up. Sometimes the CPU does the quick snap, sometimes they wait a few seconds and try to draw you offsides. Make it real, not predictable.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:03 AM   #15
All Star

OVR: 33

You know when my highschool team is on offense. We break the huddle. Wait ten seconds for the defense to get ready, let them counter all our matchup advantages and make it as easy as possible for them to audible!

Are you kidding me? I no longer play defense. I spend more time waiting then actual playing now thats ridiculous. All offenses try to catch the defense off guard if they are too slow.

Madden 09 quarterback delay is absolute gamebreak for me on defense. I'll buy the game anyway, but refuse to play defense. In a game with 5 minute quarters and about 100 plays. I'm waiting 1 THOUSAND SECONDS doing nothing each game.

I make my adjustments within 2 seconds.

Why did they make it easier to play defense, it killed the game for about nearly all the casuals.

The cpu must vary its snap count. Its stupid to have to snap 10 seconds after every play. Absolutely ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 06:22 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
You know when my highschool team is on offense. We break the huddle. Wait ten seconds for the defense to get ready, let them counter all our matchup advantages and make it as easy as possible for them to audible!

Are you kidding me? I no longer play defense. I spend more time waiting then actual playing now thats ridiculous. All offenses try to catch the defense off guard if they are too slow.

Madden 09 quarterback delay is absolute gamebreak for me on defense. I'll buy the game anyway, but refuse to play defense. In a game with 5 minute quarters and about 100 plays. I'm waiting 1 THOUSAND SECONDS doing nothing each game.

I make my adjustments within 2 seconds.

Why did they make it easier to play defense, it killed the game for about nearly all the casuals.

The cpu must vary its snap count. Its stupid to have to snap 10 seconds after every play. Absolutely ridiculous.
There's no way the computer is running 100 offensive plays in 5 minute quarters. That's is either a lie, or an extreme exaggeration.

On one hand, you make a point about realism (using a high school team) and then you contradict that by saying you like 5 min games. Football games are 60 or so offensive plays per team and another 20 or so special teams plays. The slow snap not only allows you to adjust your defense, but aids in getting closer time of possession stats. You can't ask for sim and arcade at the same time.

The real solution (that nobody is ever going to want) is to not make the offense break the huddle just because you called your defense. Then, they could quick snap sometimes and try to draw you off (or make audibles, god forbid) sometimes too. But I know you could never ever go for the that or many others that have share your view point.

The accelerated clock feature or a slider could also help fix this issue, but it would just be a quick fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »