Home

This quarterback delay is killing me

This is a discussion on This quarterback delay is killing me within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-13-2009, 08:17 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: This quarterback delay is killing me

I was going to mumble something about the MTV generation, and Attention Deficit Disorder, but I won't

Seriously though guys, If Ian C really is revamping Defence (and every indication seems to show this to be so), then next year it might actually be fun to play D. The adjustments that you can make in those 10 secs or so, may be actually relevant to the outcome of the play.

You may grow to cherish that time on D

And for those of you that just can't lay off the sugar and caffeine, maybe some kind of pure arcade mode is in order.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:38 PM   #18
Rookie

Asp86's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by likebuttababy11
Really,have you played real football before?The defense has 4 or 5 seconds to make a change once a team breaks the huddle and comes to the line of scrimmage and most cases it will be an audible,not a playmaker option,the defensive play is sent in way b/f the offense breaks the huddle and the offense never,ever has to wait for the defense to get set if were talking real life here.Like a previous poster said,I never had a problem with this in any other Maddens or NCAA,IT DRAGS THE GAME ON.
Actually in reality, if you thought about the gripe you're making. The game should actually take less time when the computer runs those 10 seconds after running plays, rather than snapping it right away. Some technically it equals itself out. So stop complaining about such bizarre crap. Let the developers focus on whats important. Making the game REALISTIC.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #19
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Everyone seems to be forgetting something. The "Quarterback Delay" in my opinion was never intended to be the long term solution. After Madden 09 released, a great amount of gamers were complaining that there wasn't an ample amount of time to make adjustments on defense. The dev team heard that, and fixed it in a patch. They may have overcompensated for it, but to me, it was a temporary fix (band-aid if you will) until they can tweak and adjust it for Madden 2010.

I don't think for a second that we'll have this issue next year.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #20
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Everyone seems to be forgetting something. The "Quarterback Delay" in my opinion was never intended to be the long term solution. After Madden 09 released, a great amount of gamers were complaining that there wasn't an ample amount of time to make adjustments on defense. The dev team heard that, and fixed it in a patch. They may have overcompensated for it, but to me, it was a temporary fix (band-aid if you will) until they can tweak and adjust it for Madden 2010.

I don't think for a second that we'll have this issue next year.
Good point.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:59 AM   #21
All Star

OVR: 33

Hopefully this issue would not be present next year.

For 19 years, madden had the cpu snap immediately, why the sudden surge of complaints this year?

The cpu should vary its snap count. It should never be as predictable and frustrating as it is in 09.

Yeah my bad on the exaggeration before. The cpu doesn't run 100 plays. It runs about 50 in 5 minute quarters and tahts about 500 seconds of waiting. Imo thats unacceptable, where pre-patch it entailed 0 seconds of waiting all together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2009, 08:08 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 16

Someone said it earlier. Give us a Slider, or option to choose Snap Times for Human vs. CPU games: Quick > Long.

I wonder if that's something they can even incorporate for 2010?

From my understanding, the design decision have been made, features are set and the schedule is in place - Tiburon is off and running making our game. Can something like adding a user control connected to snap delay be done at this stage in the design process? Could we be too late?

-SeventhWard
Old 02-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #23
Rookie

Asp86's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Hopefully this issue would not be present next year.

For 19 years, madden had the cpu snap immediately, why the sudden surge of complaints this year?

The cpu should vary its snap count. It should never be as predictable and frustrating as it is in 09.

Yeah my bad on the exaggeration before. The cpu doesn't run 100 plays. It runs about 50 in 5 minute quarters and tahts about 500 seconds of waiting. Imo thats unacceptable, where pre-patch it entailed 0 seconds of waiting all together.
I think more people are looking for the realism than before. Before they were just excited to have a football game to play. Now these games are becoming so real, they want me (including me).
Old 02-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 8

Worst. Post Ever. Designers and programmers, please take nothing this man says into account. There should be variety of course, and occasionally a quick snap on first sound, but for the most part 8-10 seconds is roght.

What I WOULD like to see is a little More time between snaps in practice mode. Stop making me use 2 controllers just to set up a defensive scheme.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »