Home

This quarterback delay is killing me

This is a discussion on This quarterback delay is killing me within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
This quarterback delay is killing me

You shouldn't have to wait 10 seconds for the QB to call hike,I understand peeps want to use the playmaker options but this just makes the game super boring and drag on,You should just have enough time to playmaker 1 guy or call an audible if you don't like the offensive set,Again,another weak attempt from EA to cater to peeps that know nothing about football(I've seen guys playmaker all of their defensive line into coverage)instead of playing the game its suppose to be played,in my opinion,this just leads to lazy gameplay by the user,instead of finding the right D to call in a situation,you can call 1 play and playmaker every1 else now.EA needs to find a median for quarter length.Damn,I was getting into this but waiting for the computer on incomplete passes or when the clock is stopped is prolonging games for me,either bring back in game saves or acc. clock.Sorry for the rant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: This quarterback delay is killing me

quaterback delay huh . . . . Your argument has nothing to do with real football because in real football the defensive usually has more than 10 seconds to make adjustments. You can hurry to the line by holding x(ps3). I don't see how this even a problem.

Last edited by jaiy360; 02-12-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:04 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

I dislike the time it takes the CPU to snap the ball as well, and felt like that since the patch come out.

I use to play 5 min qtrs and have the game done ins 20-25 mins. Now they take 30 minutes.

Not fun for those who just want a quick game here or there.

A slider option for how long the CPU takes to snap the ball is a must for 2010, it can't stay the same as it is now, that's for sure.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by likebuttababy11
You shouldn't have to wait 10 seconds for the QB to call hike,I understand peeps want to use the playmaker options but this just makes the game super boring and drag on,You should just have enough time to playmaker 1 guy or call an audible if you don't like the offensive set,Again,another weak attempt from EA to cater to peeps that know nothing about football(I've seen guys playmaker all of their defensive line into coverage)instead of playing the game its suppose to be played,in my opinion,this just leads to lazy gameplay by the user,instead of finding the right D to call in a situation,you can call 1 play and playmaker every1 else now.EA needs to find a median for quarter length.Damn,I was getting into this but waiting for the computer on incomplete passes or when the clock is stopped is prolonging games for me,either bring back in game saves or acc. clock.Sorry for the rant.
The delay is so the time of possession stat is realistic. And for the guy who wants "to play a quick game," get a tecmo super bowl emulator. Football games are about 260 plays long, including special teams, sorry.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
The delay is so the time of possession stat is realistic. And for the guy who wants "to play a quick game," get a tecmo super bowl emulator. Football games are about 260 plays long, including special teams, sorry.
Yeah good one mate, looking out for every Madden user arent we

Or they could include some sort of option if you want the CPU to take quick, medium, long time to take snaps..

I was fine with EVERY other Madden game and NCAA until this Madden 09 patch came and slowed it right down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiy360
quaterback delay huh . . . . Your argument has nothing to do with real football because in real football the defensive usually has more than 10 seconds to make adjustments. You can hurry to the line by holding x(ps3). I don't see how this even a problem.
Really,have you played real football before?The defense has 4 or 5 seconds to make a change once a team breaks the huddle and comes to the line of scrimmage and most cases it will be an audible,not a playmaker option,the defensive play is sent in way b/f the offense breaks the huddle and the offense never,ever has to wait for the defense to get set if were talking real life here.Like a previous poster said,I never had a problem with this in any other Maddens or NCAA,IT DRAGS THE GAME ON.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
Yeah good one mate, looking out for every Madden user arent we

Or they could include some sort of option if you want the CPU to take quick, medium, long time to take snaps..

I was fine with EVERY other Madden game and NCAA until this Madden 09 patch came and slowed it right down.
Yes, I think the option would be a good idea. Sorry for the smart a** comment, I just cringe every time I hear an idea that would take this game further away from the real thing. No harm meant.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by likebuttababy11
Really,have you played real football before?The defense has 4 or 5 seconds to make a change once a team breaks the huddle and comes to the line of scrimmage and most cases it will be an audible,not a playmaker option,the defensive play is sent in way b/f the offense breaks the huddle and the offense never,ever has to wait for the defense to get set if were talking real life here.Like a previous poster said,I never had a problem with this in any other Maddens or NCAA,IT DRAGS THE GAME ON.
The playmaker option has to be available to account for checks that are made by the defense in adjusting to certain formations, personnel alignment, etc. Unless there is some way to automatically make these adjustments, I just don't see any other way. I do, however, see some of the playmaker adjustments as unrealistic, but I don't get why you on one hand criticize the computer for taking too long to snap and then criticize opponents for making stupid adjustments. Why don't you just snap the ball quicker when playing those guys. I do think the option to speed up/slow down cpu snapping is a good idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »