Home

RE: The First NCAA Image

This is a discussion on RE: The First NCAA Image within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2009, 09:15 AM   #49
Madden NFL Art Director

OVR: 21
Re: The First NCAA Image

I have a Madden 10 screenshot that I sent out to the team last week that reveals at least 6 new features (Impressive for a single shot) and looks at least as good as the NCAA shot. Hopefully that is what Peter sends out! It will blow your mind.

Mike Y
Old 02-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
I have a Madden 10 screenshot that I sent out to the team last week that reveals at least 6 new features (Impressive for a single shot) and looks at least as good as the NCAA shot. Hopefully that is what Peter sends out! It will blow your mind.

Mike Y

Mid march never sounded so far away
Old 02-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:

Mike Y
Nice news to hear and from the sound of the comment I'm guessing it's a view of the field & players. Though quick question, is it six "new" features, or some features that may have been revamped to look better, or a mixture of both
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 19

God don't let there be a field blur feature. I absolutely hate this in All Pro and all the other Visual Concepts games.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:41 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
To quote OMT, ncaa football designer "If anyone is wondering if that has been touched up in Photoshop, I suspected it at first... but then I went into instant replay on my build and zoomed in on a similar shot... that is a straight up screenshot, guys. No Shopping necessary."

And to quote Raczilla who is Ea's community manager "OMT is correct. It definitely hasn't been touched up. Promise."

and from Michael Young, Art Director of Madden and NCAA "
Hey gang,

I'm Mike Young AD of NCAA and Madden. This is the real deal. No photoshop. I am actually not stoked that this image was sent out, since the materials in the scene are not tuned at all. No fear the players will not look like plastic and the helmet reflections will be more realistic then ever."

From the NCAA forums on OS.
If the game designer wondered whether it could photoshoppped at first, than it is pretty obvious this isn't very indicative of what the game will look like, but only extreme zoom closeups of it. Remember the thread awhile back showcasing amazing up close photos from Ncaa 2006 Next Gen? Well, I could find at least 10 of those photos that looked just as good if not better than this screenshot. I want to see what the game looks like the majority of the time, the animations, gameplay etc, before I would even remotely consider spending money on it.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #54
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Mid March is a lot better than draft day, which I really can't wait for.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
God don't let there be a field blur feature. I absolutely hate this in All Pro and all the other Visual Concepts games.
Hmmmmmm... check at :30 seconds here where you can see LaMarr Woodley blurring as the camera focuses on Anquan Boldin:

... Realism man. Realism.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #56
Rookie

03MstGT290's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

Mike Y
This is getting me all worked up. Why can't August get here any time soon?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »