Home

RE: The First NCAA Image

This is a discussion on RE: The First NCAA Image within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: The First NCAA Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
If you haven't seen it

Now while the Graphics look very nice. One thing annoys me that took away from Madden 09 as well for me. And that one thing is the white "glow" around the players. Makes them look almost photoshopped in to the field. I knwo it is supposed to be reflection from the sun and lights but it just looks unnatural and out of place.
That "white glow" you referr too? Sure you dont got your contrast/picture turned way too high like most people do?

I have a pretty high end home theater setup which is professionally calibrated and i NEVER ..NOT ONCE..noticed any white glow around any players in madden 2009...although my friend complained of it and i looked at his hdtv and his contrast/picture slider was turned up to 100 lol....no wonder, contrast/picture should be no more then 60...

Developers can get carried away with "bloom effects" which is pretty much what your talking about..but madden in no way over did it...
Old 02-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #58
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
If the game designer wondered whether it could photoshoppped at first, than it is pretty obvious this isn't very indicative of what the game will look like, but only extreme zoom closeups of it. Remember the thread awhile back showcasing amazing up close photos from Ncaa 2006 Next Gen? Well, I could find at least 10 of those photos that looked just as good if not better than this screenshot. I want to see what the game looks like the majority of the time, the animations, gameplay etc, before I would even remotely consider spending money on it.
Did you choose to ignore the other two quotes? It explicitly says this is not photoshop. It doesn't get any clearer than that. Don't cherry pick quotes.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
I have a Madden 10 screenshot that I sent out to the team last week that reveals at least 6 new features (Impressive for a single shot) and looks at least as good as the NCAA shot. Hopefully that is what Peter sends out! It will blow your mind.

Mike Y

We shall see

Bring NFL 2k Football back

Old 02-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 25

This image is visually very impressive, as are most screensshots pre-release.

The guys/girls in the art dept did a great job, if 10 looks better then the graphics have again taken another huge step forward.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:53 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
I have a Madden 10 screenshot that I sent out to the team last week that reveals at least 6 new features (Impressive for a single shot) and looks at least as good as the NCAA shot. Hopefully that is what Peter sends out! It will blow your mind.

Mike Y
wow 6 in one screen? lol thats crazy that better be the one peter sends out haha
cant wait
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2009, 10:34 PM   #62
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedunkz
If you haven't seen it

Now while the Graphics look very nice. One thing annoys me that took away from Madden 09 as well for me. And that one thing is the white "glow" around the players. Makes them look almost photoshopped in to the field. I knwo it is supposed to be reflection from the sun and lights but it just looks unnatural and out of place.
Truth be told, nothing about that picture impresses me at all. If you take picks of Madden 09 when the lighting is superb at just the right angle, you could take a pic that looks like this new NCAA or even better.

I won't hold me breathe until i see the game running realtime.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
Truth be told, nothing about that picture impresses me at all. If you take picks of Madden 09 when the lighting is superb at just the right angle, you could take a pic that looks like this new NCAA or even better.

I won't hold me breathe until i see the game running realtime.
I'll go further back and say I have seen BETTER from closeups of NCAA 07, you know, the NCAA that pushed the polygon cont before the graphics were scaled back to make 60 fps the following years.

And btw, using your example, I'm sure that a madden producer would look at it thinking its photoshopped, go into replay and find that perfect angle, and than happily report that it isn't. Why would he be skeptical? Because a photo like this defies convention and isn't indicative of how the game actually looks.

That is exactly the process OMT went through for this very screenshot if you read his own writing. If the producer who has had extensive time with the game doesn't believe it at first, do you really think this shot is an accurate representation of what we will be getting in July?

Let's, see a screenshot that isn't indicative of how a game looks. That is consistent with most pre release images, is it not? I will wait to see numeous gameplay videos before even remotely sayig '10 will interest me considering the track record of football games on next gen.

Last edited by Adam Dayton; 02-14-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Madden looks much better than this too.
I love the graphics, minus the shiny arms; however, if the user isn't penalized for throwing before the QB sets his feet, if the user is able the throw while holding the sprint button, if the user is able to roll out of the pocket, ( hopefully a true pocket is added this year) and throw the ball accurately across his body as well as the field, these graphical improvements will be in vein.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »