Home

Animations that need to go!

This is a discussion on Animations that need to go! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Animations that need to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
That flying blow-up tackle where you can dive at the ballcarriers shoulders and blow him up (not a hitstick hit) happens WAY too much. It's highlight reel stuff and it's made the game really arcadey. I don't know how or with what they'd replace this, but it's just not good.
How about a few different wrap tackles and the DB dive at your knee caps is also popular in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

the stiff arm were they pick the guy up and sling him over him like hes a coat on fire

its cool just not realistic
Old 02-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgameover
the stiff arm were they pick the guy up and sling him over him like hes a coat on fire

its cool just not realistic
instructions on how to perform the madden stiffarm!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgUBJsjiisM
Old 02-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #28
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
when offensive linemen try to low cut the defenders...ON PASS PLAYS who does that???????
You mean when they get beat and then decide to launch themselves in front of a defender basically from behind, forcing the defender to hurdle or sometimes even taking him down?

Yeah, I tend to think that was a band aid animation as a quick fix to soften the impact the appauling blocking AI had on the game. It goes without saying 10 needs to have its blocking system entirely reconstructed so hopefully it's toast too.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
How about a few different wrap tackles and the DB dive at your knee caps is also popular in the NFL.
Yeah I think more wraps would solve a lot of that problem. I'd rather see a wrap that results in a bringdown than what we're getting now with all these blow ups.

As for the knee dives, I agree there needs to be more. There seems to be a very limited number of those right now. I also think the ballcarriers collision reactions and bracing-for-impact reactions need to be more varied. I'd like to see the ballcarrier lowering his head and making contact on some of these.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:25 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
You mean when they get beat and then decide to launch themselves in front of a defender basically from behind, forcing the defender to hurdle or sometimes even taking him down?

Yeah, I tend to think that was a band aid animation as a quick fix to soften the impact the appauling blocking AI had on the game. It goes without saying 10 needs to have its blocking system entirely reconstructed so hopefully it's toast too.
yeah those too but im also talking about when the offensive lineman's initial move is to low cut the defender and the defender just hurdles him and breaks for the qb
Old 02-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
That flying blow-up tackle where you can dive at the ballcarriers shoulders and blow him up (not a hitstick hit) happens WAY too much. It's highlight reel stuff and it's made the game really arcadey. I don't know how or with what they'd replace this, but it's just not good.
I think your talking about the hit 48 seconds into this video but if not I feel this is one that needs to either be reworked or removed if not already.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2009, 12:13 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

I agree big time with that face mask animation.

Bring NFL 2k Football back

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »