Home

To Apexisfree...level with me on this one

This is a discussion on To Apexisfree...level with me on this one within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: To Apexisfree...level with me on this one

Idk if this the place for it considering my first time posting but..

Is the hurry up offense going to be fixed. Idk if I am the only one that things this but yea. Because in 09 to me, it wasn't very much of a "hurry up". It takes forever to get back to the line and actually call a play. There will be times there is clearly enough time for one more play but they take way too long to get lined back up.

And when I want to call another play,like go back to the play calling screen,seconds will tick off because I have to watch them run around and show stats pop up on the screen.

I guess it takes time for them to all go through their animations first? Idk..I feel like this is the same way how kickoffs work. Ill try to surprise onside kick...but the kicking meter doesnt come up quick enough and by that time my opponent sees im doing it and audibles and I now have to wait for his team to get into place before I can kick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #42
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

In regards to Favre breaking tackles Ian...You mentioned that you tried like 50 plays in practive mode and you were not able to create that. Well if you have the game level to All-Madden or close to and you are playing the CPU, that is where you will see this happen. It is when the CPU does it and it kind of sounded to me like you were trying to get your QB to do this which you probably wouldn't see happen on All-Madden level cause the defenders are so juiced up. Thats the prob with higher levels, its hard cause the CPU is doing things that are not really possible or that you wouldn't see on Sunday.

Great hearing about all the other things you are working on that you mentioned in a couple replies in this thread. Always love hearing the new things you all are working on the make this a better game.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
It's things like this that made me stop playing '09. It might not happen every single time, but is it there, and the guy isn't making it up.

Also, I'm with you guys on the tackling issue. This game has some of the worst tackling animations. Some of them remind me of Smackdown vs. Raw.
Lol I've seen the "Rock Bottom" a couple times.
Minnesota Wild
Old 02-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
You should just put the Minnesota D-Line on the Madden cover which represents how you fixed that stuff, they could dominate in Madden 10
If your going to put a group of defensive players on the cover, it's gotta be the Pittsburgh Steelers! Casey Hampton in the middle, with Palumalu and Harrison hanging over his shoulders ...? Now that's a cover that states "DEFENSE" has been re-tooled in Madden 10!
Old 02-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #45
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
If your going to put a group of defensive players on the cover, it's gotta be the Pittsburgh Steelers! Casey Hampton in the middle, with Palumalu and Harrison hanging over his shoulders ...? Now that's a cover that states "DEFENSE" has been re-tooled in Madden 10!
Heh. I was just thinking that it would suck for the Steelers if the so called "Cover Curse" came back! lol...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6

Great Thread Ian, Thanks for addressing Apexis stuff. The guy really put a lot of time into tearing this game apart, and has made some good points plainly visable.

It really seems like you guys are doing an incredible job so far. For the first time in a LOOONG time I am feeling good about a madden game.

As far as your comment about what you are doing for the goal lines. You said that the guys on the ground pile are too easy to go around. My question is where the heck are the linebackers? They should be flying to the ball when the linemen create a pile or create penetration.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:47 PM   #47
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I was playing a game online today. I was the Chiefs as always , I was playing the bears. The guy I was playing kept manually moving his defensive end out of position and it was messing with my passing game so I started running the ball with Tyler Thigpen. out of the 9 times I ran with him I only was able to knock linebackers out of my way one time, and that one time was nothing like what I saw in that video.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:51 PM   #48
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

No.....No Steelers on any Covers

Cowher was on HC in 06...Id rather not take any chances

As someone mentioned before....this happens more often when the CPU QB takes off in All Madden. Its not when the user tries it

And yes only QBs like Roethlisberger, McNabb, and Romo should be dancing around....and even then thats mainly just "Extending the Pocket".

I would love to see a "QB Evade" Feature.... Ben's Performance in the Super Bowl was the epitome of "Extending the Pocket". Doing that is what makes him so great. He consistently avoids 2 or 3 guys. As it was in 09, his greatest ability was nerfed and he barely avoided anyone

Is that more of a ratings problem?? or more of a not having enough animations/mechanism to reflect what he does???

All this sounds great and hopefully it will only get better

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »