Home

The accelerated playclock

This is a discussion on The accelerated playclock within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 02-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #17
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The accelerated playclock

it was said it will be in ncaa so im sure madden will have it. supposed to be a hardcore option for ncaa that will include the accelerated playclock. from what ian has been saying of late it sounds like something that might be added as default for atleast madden.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 18

Head Coach had a really good accelerated clock. It'd tick like 25-30 seconds until 2 minutes in the 2nd, and 5 minutes in the 4th.

Games would take about 1:15, 1:30, and would have fairly realistic statistic numbers.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:14 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Kinda tangential, but do you think more penalities need to be called to be more 'sim'?
Old 02-18-2009, 08:51 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman1976
Kinda tangential, but do you think more penalities need to be called to be more 'sim'?

I definately do! Absolutely.

I am a Cowboys fan, and Flozell leads the NFL in false starts. He never gets flagged in Madden, i seldom if ever have drives stall out due to penalties...or even have to make a long conversion to move the chains due to flags...its really like they almost dont exist.

I actually turned the sliders up on the penalties to get the desired result. But they still only call certain penalties like face mask, and holding...thats really about it.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yeah, I'm a cowboys fan too. This year is supposed to be ..if you see it on sundays...well, penalities are a huge part of the game obviously, but it seems to be me in your average madden game very few penalities are called. I can understand the casual guys or the arcade guys not liking penalities b/c it just slows the game down etc, but really penalties do kill drives kill offenses and just throw in awesome randomness to real nfl games. 'DOH Flozell not again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2009, 06:09 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 35

I need the accelerated clock back too i loved playing a full game without playing a full game. I set the clock to 9 mins to make up for it. And the Ea rewind was somewhat like an accelerated clock because the time would keep going but the play clock wouldn't start till the play calling menu came up, which is not how its supposed to be, but like 10 secs would come off the clock before the menu came up acting as a accelerated clock in a way.

Does that make sense?
Old 02-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #23
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
I have never seen 5 min quarters on sunday either! I love acc clock and miss it. I love playing the longer quarters. I like the way apf uses it and the lg games.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 24

Current-gen Madden has it, and I love it! Adds a little realism;after breaking the huddle, I have to hurry up and set my players/audibles, all the while the clock's ticking down.....10.....9....8.....7.......

Also, I can now play 12 minute quarters and still only kill about an hour or so for the whole game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »