Home

Please Please!!! Give us a QB evade feature in 2010 0r 2011!!!!!

This is a discussion on Please Please!!! Give us a QB evade feature in 2010 0r 2011!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Please Please!!! Give us a QB evade feature in 2010 0r 2011!!!!!

We all know that QB's these days are very evasive in the pocket, look at Ben in the super bowl and
Eli in the previous one. I play madden and when under pressure, i have to hurry up and pass it or take the sack. This should not be and its not real football. U see all the time that donovan, Eli, Ben and others, are always scrambling in the pocket and getting away from so called sackers. So why not in madden, "if its in the game, its in the game" right?

This is one feature that 2k5 did very well and made the game more exciting and gave your QB a chance to pass the ball under pressure. Please Ian and Phil, look into it this year and if not, please have it next year. I want a chance in the pocket and tired of running around and then having to take the sack. Sometimes u dont want to throw the ball right away...feel me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much succes in 2010 and beyond
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Please Please!!! Give us a QB evade feature in 2010 0r 2011!!!!!

it is already in this year lol. qb stiff arm is crazy in this game.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 27

I want QB Evade too. I just hope it's not TOO effective. It should be tied to a rating. Agility or Elusiveness seems like the most obvious ones.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #4
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Eh, I still play NFL2K5 and I hardly ever use the QB evade button. I'm focused in on what's going on up field. That's why I was clammoring for some sort of pocket awareness so people like me could get a better feel for the pressure.

I can see why one would want the QB evade, but I wouldn't be upset if the evade animation triggered automatically if the Quarterback's ratings justified it.

Not to get off topic, but Madden could use a number of automatic animations if you ask me. What I liked about NFL2K5 is that there were animations in place that would automatically trigger in certain situations. For example, the running back would squeeze between his blockers or jump over defenders on the ground. Some would oppose that as they seek ultimate control over their players; but my concern is to keep the illusion going that I'm playing/watching a real game. It helps that illusion when I see animations trigger similar to what I would see in real life.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #5
MVP

One of the things I'd want this for most is how QB's seem to just run right into tackles on roll outs, or when the defense seems to just go right through the center and sack you almost before the ball is snapped, lol. I know those are separate issues on their own, but evade might at least help us avoid it more.

With the rollout situation, it's understandable that a QB is going to have some momentum tied in, but it's overdone to the point that you pretty much can't stop at all. But we see every week in football where a QB is moving one way, see's the rush, and can stop, step up or move laterally away... but not in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #6
MVP

^^^ Even Peyton Manning does it in real life all the time and he's not fleet of foot by any means.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Not to get off topic, but Madden could use a number of automatic animations if you ask me.
Aye!

And just tie it to a pocket awareness rating.

I like to control most things, but this is one thing that I'd like to leave to the CPU.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #8
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Aye!

And just tie it to a pocket awareness rating.

I like to control most things, but this is one thing that I'd like to leave to the CPU.

I agree. There is no need for QB evade button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »