Home

To Ian Cummings EA...level with me on this one

This is a discussion on To Ian Cummings EA...level with me on this one within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #41
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: To Ian Cummings EA...level with me on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by goratory666
Well i've never seen a straight answer. its obvious they got the license to kill off 2K and other footbal games. and they could have ran with it and dont big things. but no they haven't. and the thing is they know they are releasing pure **** games...and yet they release them anyway. and they do it for 60 bucks i mean damn if your gonna release such **** atleast make it a little cheaper until you put out a game thats worth the high price tag.

am i wrong?
Why Would Ian Know this? Do you honestly think That he is the Leader of EA and makes business decisions like buying the NFL Contract? Seriously dude, EA Is a business, Tell me if you were in EA's position you would not try and defeat your competition. EA is a Corporation, not UNICEF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Why Would Ian Know this? Do you honestly think That he is the Leader of EA and makes business decisions like buying the NFL Contract? Seriously dude, EA Is a business, Tell me if you were in EA's position you would not try and defeat your competition. EA is a Corporation, not UNICEF.
That was to good
Old 02-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #43
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by goratory666
Well i've never seen a straight answer. its obvious they got the license to kill off 2K and other footbal games. and they could have ran with it and dont big things. but no they haven't. and the thing is they know they are releasing pure **** games...and yet they release them anyway. and they do it for 60 bucks i mean damn if your gonna release such **** atleast make it a little cheaper until you put out a game thats worth the high price tag.

am i wrong?
Yeah, you are. If it was an obvious answer, why did you even ask it? It's all about approach and the we you approached it with guns a blazing, I wouldn't think you would receive an answer. Constructive feedback and constructive criticism are fine.

Madden has a brand new development team this year. They came to the OS boards because we are a sim community and OSer's want realistic football.

The posters constructively put together a wish list for the new developers to look over. At this stage, it appears the developers are listening to our suggestions. They've added Procedural Awareness, expanded the ratings system and added assisted tackles and 1/2 sacks, which was on the wish list.

There isn't anything EA or you can do with the past. It's over and done with.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:41 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

i don't like lisenceing at all...it gets rid of competition, no competition, no one wins, except for the company that is lisenceing of course
Old 02-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by woowoo782
i don't like lisenceing at all...it gets rid of competition, no competition, no one wins, except for the company that is lisenceing of course
And the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 05:51 PM   #46
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
And the NFL.
Exactly, the NFL went to EA.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #47
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

it doesn't matter who went to who, the fact of the matter is it takes two to tango. Both EA and the NFL inked the deal. So if you're gonna blast EA for the deal, then you must do the same to the NFL.

Also, none of that matters anyways. Whats done is done. You can't change the past. All we can hope for now is that Ian, Phil, and the team change the present to give the series a better future. Thats what they are seemingly doing.

EA has the license. Thats how it is. Either accept that and offer up feedback/constructive criticism to the dev team and try to help out or keep your thoughts to yourself and move along. Senseless rants and temper tantrums and calling out the dev team does nothing to progress the series forward.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 02-17-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:17 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Exactly, the NFL went to EA.
your right...but did 2K go to the NBA or did the NBA go to 2K?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »