Home

The Coin Toss: When should we see it?

This is a discussion on The Coin Toss: When should we see it? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: When do you want to see a Coin Toss sequence?
I want a Coin Toss only during Special games, Overtime, Conference championships and Super Bowls 20 29.41%
I want the Coin Toss to happen during EVERY single game 48 70.59%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2009, 09:17 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: The Coin Toss: When should we see it?

Considering that I play virtually EVERY game online and I don't play franchise, I vote to see it every game.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 02-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 32

If EA wants to hold true to their marketing line this year, "If you see it on Sundays, you'll see in in Madden NFL 10, then it HAS to be included...
Old 02-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

I could care less about a coin toss and I know you said to refrain from saying that but it's hard. Madden has many more issues that are football related. That said if it is in the game you might as well make it for every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 09:55 AM   #12
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Every game. While they don't usually show it on the TV broadcasts save for bigger games (I think), I always have the Bears radio feed on and they always pipe in to the coin toss so the listeners know what is going on.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 18

Every game. But do it in different ways. Different views to keep it fresh. I think it should be more emphasized in big games, but if it happens on Sunday then i want to see it happen in Madden.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:49 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got The Goods
I could care less about a coin toss and I know you said to refrain from saying that but it's hard.
My head...
Old 02-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 27

The comments and votes have been good. While I personally wouldn't have a problem with it being every game since it was done that way for years in other games, it is interesting to see that a sim-oriented community like OS wouldn't necessarily want the Toss to be held down to the very letter of real world simulation (i.e. that it's seen on TV only during special games and overtime). At the same time, I was pretty sure that this would be the outcome, lol. So that brings me to this...

I put this poll up to show in a small way that gamers want to have choice above all else even with the smallest things and in even the smallest ways. It's something other franchises are giving us where Madden hasn't. There is a balance between doing something 100% sim, and doing something sim while leaving the end user to decide how that percentage works out... that's the kind of say-so we need.

Some posters mentioned that they'd rather have it every game and then just skip it if they wanted to. That's the kind of mentality that Madden needs. In Madden 09 you couldn't even skip the intro if you wanted, lol. You had to sit through the whole thing, you had no choice.

Lastly, about importance... people who want it every game and then want it ramped up for special games are definitely thinking about the types of crescendo moments I've been talking about. Games need to have different feels based on what the game is. If it's the regular season and it's a Thanksgiving Day game, the toss shouldn't have the same intensity as the Super Bowl toss which should have high intensity, and there should be crowd reaction to the toss. Changes as simple as a different scene/camera angle than we get during other games, a louder crowd, etc... these things can mean a world of difference in terms of setting the scene and making sure that regular season, playoffs, and Super Bowl games all have a unique feel that makes you want to keep coming back.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 02-17-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #16
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I voted for just the special games. If it was before every game I will just skip it.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »