Home

Graphics and player models in Madden 10?

This is a discussion on Graphics and player models in Madden 10? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
Graphics and player models in Madden 10?

To me it seems the direction Ian and his team are taking this year is mostly gameplay and presentation. Madden 10 is looking to be the best "playing" madden to date, but what about player models and graphics. It seems like with all the other changes being made to madden this year, we won't see that much change in terms of player modeling. To me player models and animations need to be addressed this year.

Will everyone still buy Madden 10 if it "looks" identical to 09 graphically?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2009, 10:23 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Graphics and player models in Madden 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
To me it seems the direction Ian and his team are taking this year is mostly gameplay and presentation. Madden 10 is looking to be the best "playing" madden to date, but what about player models and graphics. It seems like with all the other changes being made to madden this year, we won't see that much change in terms of player modeling. To me player models and animations need to be addressed this year.

Will everyone still buy Madden 10 if it "looks" identical to 09 graphically?
They're far too hulked up for my tastes, and the way they move weirds me out. It's like they're stiff and not capable of fluid locomotion from head to toe--the legs and arms might be moving fast but nothing else looks like it fits with what's going on there.

I will say, though, that the graphics look beautiful in still shots. I think the team will handle this in time. Maybe not a total overhaul in year one, but at some point.

If they get the basic gameplay stuff right I wouldn't let models hold me back from playing the game.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

Only thing I really want with the graphics is less filters and overused lighting effects. Go for a more real look this year.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Well if its the best playing Madden then of course I will buy it, but I would be disapointed if there wasn't a change in the player models. They need to get them to look better in motion!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 24

Good question. Although, I'm always up for a graphics discussion.

Anyway, Madden players are too small. They don't need to be as tall as in NFL 2K' series, but, they do need more length to them. And, the camera may need to be zoomed in a lil bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 12:00 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 16

Did you see the Work in Progress NCAA 10 picture? Ian said that Madden is going to look better than that.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:11 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 10

As long as the players are proportional and the game plays smooth I don't give a rats *** about other graphics.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:25 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

It looks good as it is in my opinion. Upgrades are always welcome, but its cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »