Home

Being ran down by an O-lineman (vid inside)

This is a discussion on Being ran down by an O-lineman (vid inside) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2009, 12:42 AM   #25
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Being ran down by an O-lineman (vid inside)

Wow..some of the guys in this thread posted that they don't think anything is wrong with that vid LOL, they had to be kidding.

My take on the vid...this is exactly what needs to be changed in the game. For one if you pay attention there is only one receiver to the right side of the formation and he dives for the ball in the back of the endzone, so he is out. The RB flairs to the left and all the other options to pass to are on the left side of the formation. I would think that if picked off by a DB on the right side of the field with no Lions around that is most likely going back for seven. However we have two offensive linemen giving chase 30 yards down the field to catch a DB. What offensive lineman can keep their full speed up past 15 yards? And thats really streching it! Another issue is the acceleration of these lineman, they get up to full speed real quick, like unrealistically quick. The center does some serious change of direction that I have never seen before. The worst thing is that the DB that picks the ball off is running at a good clip the opposite way when he picks the ball, IMO in reality that guy is gone baby..he's gone! Oh and the players all look like robots!

Hopefully these issues will be tackled with the PA system and the new speed ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2009, 12:46 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 26

id have to disagree about the distance you were saying because the center was blocking at the 10-12 yard line...what bothers me the most is why did the QB run to the left and his line not react to him moving which took the lineman back to the 10-12 yard line.

the other issue is you can see the Cs helmet and watch the lion logo change to the left as the ball is picked then he runs 1-2 yards then it swivels back. then he runs down the field and he ends up making the play.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:39 AM   #27
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
id have to disagree about the distance you were saying because the center was blocking at the 10-12 yard line...what bothers me the most is why did the QB run to the left and his line not react to him moving which took the lineman back to the 10-12 yard line.

the other issue is you can see the Cs helmet and watch the lion logo change to the left as the ball is picked then he runs 1-2 yards then it swivels back. then he runs down the field and he ends up making the play.
Ahh yes..you are correct! I was just counting from the endzone of course but still my point would not change. I couldn't agree with you more on your point. The swivel action that he pulls off is completely out of place for any player. Thinking about this more the whole play of those linemen is just off. Its just to much field to cover for these big guys and for them to react to that as quickly and actually be in the play is simply amazing which is simply unrealistic.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:27 AM   #28
Pro

FSU_Animal's Arena

OVR: 8

For those of you that are not seeing what is really messed up about the lineman chasing down the defensive back, watch the sequences that follow just after the defensive back makes the interception.

RT #77's spidey-sense goes off once the DB makes the pick, without so much as his head actually being on a swivel like all linemen are taught. As soon as the DB puts both feet on the ground, he begins forward progress towards the DB and just as soon as the DB crosses his path he pivots on a dime and begins to make immediate gains on the pursuit of the DB without so much as needing to accelerate to top speed nor gradually slowing down as most offensive linemen will tend to do.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4

This was after he was 99 yards down the field I dont have an issue with that. The Saint DB was caught within 10 15 of where he intercepted the ball people dont even react that fast. They were running to the spot before the DB even knew where he was going. LOL
Old 02-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 10

How can people say theres nothing wrong with that video? Yea the Guard and Center had an angle, but go back and watch 77 and 51 when the pass was first intercepted, both accelerate like DeSean Jackson just to make a play. However I trust that Ian fixed these funky ratings boosts in 10.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:09 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 15

I'm not nearly the size of a nfl linemen but at the time when I played football I was a 5'10 250 right tackle and during one game I ran down a linebacker and a corner back after interceptions not to forget I ran a 4.9 40. This was 4 years ago I probably couldn't do it now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 26

really just look at the number difference. most linemen have 40-55 speed and most CBs and even safties have high 80s(86,87,88,89) to 90+ speed. thats at least a 30 point difference in speed...thats like saying someone runs a 4.40 being caught by someone who runs a 5.10.

besides that a 300 lineman gets tired alot faster then the 180 CB who should have returned that for 6.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »