Home

Madden 10 Pat White = Madden 04 Mike Vick?

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Pat White = Madden 04 Mike Vick? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 01:40 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 10 Pat White = Madden 04 Mike Vick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
did anyone see pat white in the senior bowl? the man light things up and only missed a few passes and didnt miss by much. i gotta say hes the sleeper this year, ive seen charts say hes a 4th round pick...i hope he has a good combine so he can shut up the critics
Yeah,..he looked good in the Senior Bowl,..but I still see him as 5th or 6th rounder.

If I drafted him I would use him the way the Steelers used Kordell Stewart in his rookie year. He'd be "Slash" part 2. I use him as a part-time reciever, part-time running back,and I would use him a qb on special running plays,..because he has amazing speed and athletic ability.

BUT like you said,..if he looks awesome in the Combine,.he could move up a few rounds.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:58 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Ok, but does that make him inaccurate? I mean, I'm not trying to be difficult but didn't they say the same thing about Colt Brennen?

It seems like unless you go to Quarterback University and recieve a masters in passitology...you can't get guys to be over 87 accuracy...lol

I hear you though, you make a good point.
Look unless you prove your accuracy in a pro style offense during college your not going to get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to draft grades or even Madden grades.

Plus Colt Brennen has proven nothing in the NFL so I don't know if that was a good comparison.

P.S. Don't attend QBU, its a total sausage fest during all four years.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:47 AM   #19
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Pat has some hurdles to overcome for sure if he wants to make it in the NFL as a QB....his height being the biggest IMO

but he's an amazingly hard worker and humble guy. If theres a way he'll find it. He was the sole reason why WVU even had a chance at the Big East Title this year

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 02-19-2009, 04:13 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Pat has some hurdles to overcome for sure if he wants to make it in the NFL as a QB....his height being the biggest IMO

but he's an amazingly hard worker and humble guy. If theres a way he'll find it. He was the sole reason why WVU even had a chance at the Big East Title this year
Actually I don't know if his height is as big of a problem as his weight. He is pretty thin and as much as he likes to run that could expose him to some hits. Not that his height is not a huge problem, I would put it second.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:20 AM   #21
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
I just read another report saying that Pat White might be the next piece in the Wildcat puzzle, meaning he might be the next big thing for a team like Miami who runs a lot of Wildcat.

First, let me say that I hereby allow myself to interpret Donny's mentions of the Wildcat as the first official confirmation that the celebrated formation will be included in Madden 10.

Thank you, Madden Team! Design and test the Wildcat with care.

Second, rookie evaluation is fun and necessary. I mean, seriously, how have I've gotten this excited for the NFL Combine? I'm recording days of coverage. See what the NFL Network has done to me?

There is no off-season. There isn't even an off-season for Madden. I was convinced that I'd take a few months off from Operation Sports. And here I am. In February. Reading about Pat White. And loving every second of it!

The NFL Network begins its NFL Combine coverage on Friday. Gruden will be there as an analyst. That should be entertaining.

Thanks for the post, Donny!

Last edited by FootballDetails; 02-19-2009 at 04:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2009, 04:24 AM   #22
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Completion percentage is a HORRIBLE measure of accuracy. The idea that anyone uses it for that purpose boggles my mind.

You want a stat that indicates a QBs accuracy? Look at his receiver's run-after-catch. An accurate QB hits his guys in stride. Receivers who catch balls in stride gain yardage after the catch.

Completion percentage actually says more about a QBs field vision and functional intelligence than his accuracy, and those are things White's not really questioned on.

Most scouts are questioning his accuracy, and I see mixed reports on his arm. I've never personally seen the guy play, but I do know that you tend to get that with guys who either have great throwing range and poor velocity or vica virca. So my assumption is the guy can probably throw it a country mile but can't put a 15 yard out on a rope, or the other way around. Jeff Garcia's a good example... doesn't go deep great, but he'll throw those sidelines like lasers.

Draft countdown has him listed at a 4.5, but those are usually estimates before the combine. That's good speed for a QB (Steve Young ran a 4.5), but just decent at WR. I don't think, considering his size and running style, he's a great RB prospect either way.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 02-19-2009 at 04:30 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:58 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by swill43507
If I drafted him I would use him the way the Steelers used Kordell Stewart in his rookie year. He'd be "Slash" part 2. I use him as a part-time reciever, part-time running back,and I would use him a qb on special running plays,..because he has amazing speed and athletic ability.
Same here.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:14 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Ok, but does that make him inaccurate? I mean, I'm not trying to be difficult but didn't they say the same thing about Colt Brennen?

It seems like unless you go to Quarterback University and recieve a masters in passitology...you can't get guys to be over 87 accuracy...lol

I hear you though, you make a good point.
colt brennen and pat white played completely different styles of football. it's not a race issue, pat white is just a better runner pure in simple. from what i hear he did well in the senior bowl all week and during the game so maybe he is a better passer than we give him credit for but if he was really any type of decent passer he would be the #1 pick like vick was.

and btw, at west virginia they ran the spread OPTION, different than the offense they ran at hawaii. the careers of players like alex smith, and vince young isn't helping his draft stock either.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »