Home

Madden 10 Pat White = Madden 04 Mike Vick?

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Pat White = Madden 04 Mike Vick? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #57
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Madden 10 Pat White = Madden 04 Mike Vick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got The Goods
Can't wait to see this info. Playbooks are quite lame right now.
I don't think so. They're not as good as they could be, but they're far from horrid. Compared to some other football games I could mention, EA is quite good about keeping up with the changing game, concepts, new ideas.

Their problem is that A.) I can't run a given play out of more than one formation unless it's just plain in the playbook twice and B.) The playbooks aren't editable.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:23 PM   #58
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Donny I'm surprised...

you say Pat White is not a pur passer? Look, at his numbers. Look, at his win percentages...heck, for that matter look at all his percentages.

Pure passer, not exactly...but the reason is not his accuracy. He gets it done with his feet a lot and that hurts his passing stats imo.

He consistantly improved as a passer every year at WV, he won a bowl game evry year at WV, and he won the conf. title every year at WV....

What are you talking about?

WV runs the spread, how can the guy not be a accurate passer?

I brought this point up before about the perception that black QB's are not accurate, or intelligent in Madden. For years you guys had QB's like Craig Nall (GB's third string) with more accuracy & awareness than D. McNabb & S. Mcnair.

I'm not going to blame you for that, but I can't see at all how you can say anything bad about Pat White as a passer. All the guy does is win.

Now, I know he's making the jump to the NFL...but wow...to say he's not as accurate as the top three guys at his position is just not accurate imo.

He's not the most accurate, but he's not far behind...at all.

Look it up.
His completion percentage is high because they throw screens 70% of the time.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #59
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore

Finally, it almost goes without saying, but I will go ahead anyways. Our Madden 10 design vision does NOT include a player like Pat White dominating the game. You will NOT be subbing in Pat White as your first string QB over a pocket passer like a Peyton, or a Philip Rivers, or a Brady. That would almost single handedly destroy any credibility we have trying to call this a sim football game.
We know that you guys have a whole new Dev-team in place, but based on past history I think I speak for more then just myself when I say that we're all pretty paranoid about some aspect of the game being way overpowered.

So while it may get tiresome for you guys to repeat the same things over and over, until we actually see how the game has been fundamentally changed for the better, we're always going to want to be reassured that the old trouble areas aren't going to rear their ugly heads.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Finally, it almost goes without saying, but I will go ahead anyways. Our Madden 10 design vision does NOT include a player like Pat White dominating the game. You will NOT be subbing in Pat White as your first string QB over a pocket passer like a Peyton, or a Philip Rivers, or a Brady. That would almost single handedly destroy any credibility we have trying to call this a sim football game.

Does this mean that in the past, it was not your vision to have speedy QB's dominate the game.

If that is not true then tell me why that when you go online and play any team that has a decently speedy QB that you can roll/run/dive your way to a win w/o any consequences coming to him, not to mention that while he was rolling/running/diving that he could make a 45yd bomb hit his receiver in the chest going across field the opposite direction.

First IMO, you have to have credibility in creating a simulation in order to take any credibility away.

A true football simulation would have physics that wouldn't defy even the biggest blockbuster summer action movie starring Vin Diesel in his motocross dirt bike, jumping over a barn while shooting a guy between the eyes while doing a trick with a pistol physics.

Once this happens and I sincerely hope it does, then I will believe what these Guys (the Devs) are saying as actualities, until then its just more hype and misdirection.

Now please don't take this as bashing, I want this to fuel your fire to create a better game and while you are doing that maybe you can pass the knowledge along to the NCAA guys
Old 02-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
We know that you guys have a whole new Dev-team in place, but based on past history I think I speak for more then just myself when I say that we're all pretty paranoid about some aspect of the game being way overpowered.

So while it may get tiresome for you guys to repeat the same things over and over, until we actually see how the game has been fundamentally changed for the better, we're always going to want to be reassured that the old trouble areas aren't going to rear their ugly heads.

couldn't of said it any better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCummingsFriend
QB contain, spy
The QB Contain play should be removed/deleted.

It's one of those fictional plays that the Madden team created that does not exist IRL, to combat the lack of a QB pocket this franchise have had over the years. And the ease that QB's can get outside of the tackle box in previous years.

I'm assuming there is a QB pocket in this year's game. And if this is the case, there is no need for QB contain plays IMO.

I can see keeping the QB spy plays though.

BTW Donny, will this 'finally' be the year that we can tell the difference in QB's with good and poor accuracy?

I'm hoping you guys incorporated a boat load of errant pass animations to help display this.

For years now we've been told that the ratings will matter but, when the game comes out the only rating that 'really' matters is speed in this franchise.

I just would like to see all of these ratings changes you are implementing actually mean something 'in-game' for a change.

Last edited by edubbs; 02-19-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #63
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

why would you make this comparison? the 04 mike vick was completely unrealistic and completely ruined the game because everyone would use him cus it was so easy.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #64
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Ia'm curious to know, why when Vick was the QB for the Falcons everyone who defended his passing game , would always mention that he never had anyone to throw to , but Crumpler.

Meanwhile a Rookie QB (M.Ryan) comes in takes the Falcons to the playoffs, and the last I looked not only didn't he have a good T.E but pretty much the same wr's Vick had.

Why was Ryan successful ? , and remember he took over a team that was a disaster the year before.

Now I liked Vick a lot , but honestly the brother wasn't that accurate.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »