Home

Will You Sign Mike Vick?

This is a discussion on Will You Sign Mike Vick? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Will You Sign Mike Vick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oChaos_Nine
His speed and throwing power were much deserved. And his accuracy wasn't that good in Madden anyway, it's just that in Madden that rating doesn't count for much. Agree?
True. Realistically, you shouldn't be able to run and throw or throw of your back foot on every pass and have a perfect spiral on target. That's what made Vick even more unstoppable, because it made a guy who hardly completes 50% become captain accuracy.

For this new game, you'd have to rate him lower I'd think, jail can't help progression. At the very least, his AWR and ACC should be HORRIBLE. (Like they should have been anyway.)
Old 02-20-2009, 04:01 PM   #34
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNFL_FanIQ
True. Realistically, you shouldn't be able to run and throw or throw of your back foot on every pass and have a perfect spiral on target. That's what made Vick even more unstoppable, because it made a guy who hardly completes 50% become captain accuracy.

For this new game, you'd have to rate him lower I'd think, jail can't help progression. At the very least, his AWR and ACC should be HORRIBLE. (Like they should have been anyway.)

Must we continue the haterade...Like it or not Vick IS a GOOD QB...name 10 QB's right now that are better whose name is not Tom Brady, McNabb, or Manning?
Old 02-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #35
Rookie

Hoovie's Arena

OVR: 3

I'd sign him if I think he would help my team

Why?

B/C Madden is not real life. It's a game and should be treated as such.

Do you guys cut players who commit crimes during the season? Honestly? What about steriods? Do you take them out of your lineups for X amount of games?

Please...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 14

In real life, Panthers should sign Vick (even though you cant sign Vick, he is on trading block right now)

But Panthers should sign Vick so Jake Delhomme gets a boost. David Carr gave Jake a kick in the butt and he threw 8 touchdowns and 1 interception before getting hurt. He needs competiton. I am hoping Byron comes to Carolina! Besides the point.

In the video game, yeah I'd sign Vick too.

also, off topic - Ian, Kordell Stewart has been looking to make a come back this year, can you throw him in the Free Agent pool in 10? :OD
Old 02-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie
I'd sign him if I think he would help my team

Why?

B/C Madden is not real life. It's a game and should be treated as such.

Do you guys cut players who commit crimes during the season? Honestly? What about steriods? Do you take them out of your lineups for X amount of games?

Please...
great post LOL

http://www.contractplayer.com/maddenx/
Old 02-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
The hypocracy of our fickle country. Shoot a deer its a sport. Kill a Dog your the most hated human being on earth.

YES I would sign Vick in a heartbeat.
Electrocuting and torturing dogs is a lot worse than hunting deer.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #39
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Electrocuting and torturing dogs is a lot worse than hunting deer.
As a dog lover I agree. BUT people do deserve second chances. That is only fair my friend.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Must we continue the haterade...Like it or not Vick IS a GOOD QB...name 10 QB's right now that are better whose name is not Tom Brady, McNabb, or Manning?
Palmer, Roethlisberger, Garrard, Schaub, Collins, Flacco, Edwards, Pennington, Rivers, Cutler, Rodgers, Garcia, Brees, Ryan, Eli, Romo, Campbell, Warner.

And that's assuming Vick would return at the top of his game, no doubt his skills would have degraded thanks to jail.

Vick can run, he has a strong arm. He's a terrible decision maker and has mediocre at best accuracy. He never was a good quarterback to begin with, he just a mediocre QB who could make a flashy run play from time to time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »