Home

Will You Sign Mike Vick?

This is a discussion on Will You Sign Mike Vick? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2009, 12:06 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Will You Sign Mike Vick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBorn81
The man fought some dogs, and yet people act like he's a mass murderer...

Yes i'd sign him to my team, i'll be damn proud of it too
Exactly. People shoot and kill animals all the time but if you watch dogs fight all the sudden your the devil... But anyways he did his time and yes i would sigh the man in a heart beat if i didn't have McNabb.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:42 AM   #50
MVP

Outkizast's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by marq
Palmer has not won a playoff game, Garrard has one playoff win, Schaub hasn't made the playoffs, Flacco has the same amount of playoff wins (though he wasn't the REASON his team won), Edwards hasn't made the playoffs, Cutler hasn't made the playoffs, Rodgers hasn't made the playoffs, Brees has one playoff win, Ryan has no playoff wins, Eli is winless at home (though he played well above his abilities for one postseason), Romo has never won a playoff game and Campbell has never made the playoffs.

He has a career record of 38-28-1 with a mediocre team, I really don't understand the hate for this guys game...
I agree that all those quarterbacks are BETTER at being a QB than Vick... you cant base how good a QB is solely on how far their team has gone in the playoffs... sure Vick helped the Falcons win games... but think how much better they would have been if they used him as maybe a reggie bush and had someone like Matt Ryan or Aaron Rodgers or.. well any of the guys on that list... my guess is they would have been a lot better...
Old 02-21-2009, 01:15 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 35

In Madden Id Sign him to back up Tony Romo.

In real life, id ban him from the game forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2009, 01:42 AM   #52
All Star

OVR: 33

Vick was convicted of conducting an organisation that killed dogs. I don';t think he was convicted of killing dogs himself. Just that he ran the stupid organisation.

Mike Vick. Made it to the NFC Championship game. 0.600+ win percentage. To say he was a mediocre QB is short sighted.

Dropback passers don't win championships (brady manning), defenses do (Steelers, Patriots, Colts , Giants D's).

Sure he may not be as fast as he had been if were training properly, but i don't envisage him having less than 93 speed and about 95 accelartion. Dude was a beast.

ANd in Madden, HELL YES!. Move over Peyton Manning, Vick's in town.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:55 AM   #53
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

why not?. I would
Old 02-21-2009, 03:59 AM   #54
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBorn81
The man fought some dogs, and yet people act like he's a mass murderer...

Yes i'd sign him to my team, i'll be damn proud of it too
Homie if he was just fightng dogs, he would have been fine. It was what he did to the dogs that got so many people upset.

He drowned,electrocuted, shot, hung, and other crazy methods in killing the dogs.

I wish it was just fighting dogs, and thats freak-en brutal also with the way they go about it, but how he was killing the dogs is what bothers me the most.

Anyway, I can't see myself signing the guy, till I see if he is really sorry for what he did.
Honestly if he is really sorry than he deserves a second chance, but lets see it 1st.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:37 AM   #55
Rookie

Dynamite's Arena

OVR: 8

Umm...I hope everyone here has a super hatred for Leonard Little, considering he killed an actual human being with children to look after (who are now orphans/living with family). And on top of that, he was not suspended for very long (half a season), nor did he get much jail time (90 days), or community service (1000 hours).

So Vick can come back. He's done 23 months, which is way more than enough in my opinion. He's paid his debt to society, all of this hatred is in excess, and people really forget that he was working with crap for wideouts during his career, so yeah, completion percentage would be a problem. Now, if you want to talk being in the film room, and having the qualities to lead, yeah he's deficient, but as a player on the field, he's got a ton of talent to make up for that.

I'd sign him as a backup to Jamarcus...or convert him to WR to catch passes in the slot and really make my team dangerous.
Our purchasing power is being eroded. So especially now, the goods must be held to a standard. We end up happier as consumers, and the companies get a clear message: "We won't tolerate sub-par goods." It's a shame, no one cares to speak with their wallet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2009, 06:33 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 5

Definatly would sign him at my Buccs fran.
They could use some offense..

But I don't think he would be available in the FA-pool

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »