Home

So what is new in Franchise this year?

This is a discussion on So what is new in Franchise this year? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
So what is new in Franchise this year?

I haven't been around too much of late. Last year I was told that THIS year was supposed to be the year of the Franchise (offline).

Last year seemed to focus on graphics, play control, and presentation. From what I have been reading they have taken the Head Coach crew and added them into the mix.

Most of what I have read so far as news hasn't been about Franchise Mode though. If anyone has some links I have missed please hook me up. If not hopefully the EA crew can step up.

I do like the new ratings idea but it would really depend on if they are all actually working and not to random. I wouldn't want another year like the first on the PS3 were there were not and great players in the draft. But I like the idea of there being MORE of a difference from great players to average players and average to poor. More functional rating (QB short mid and long accuracy; QB run pass accuracy; QB quick release; WR sideline catching; mood rating would be cool like in tecmo super bowl; attitude so players like TO effect things on and off the field (could effect the mood ratings of other players for example); a player potential rating stuff like that) for players would be great too.

Beyond that I would really like more depth to franchise mode this year. Injury sliders I think are a must for a good franchise (can't recall if it was brought back in last year; haven't played in a few months). Draft, FA, player signing all need a lot of work from last year. Of course player progressions STILL need work. These few basic things if done right can REALLY enhance franchise mode.

It would be nice to bring discussion about those franchise issues to the forums and see what you EA boys are working on and toss ideas you are thinking about around. Maybe Ian can send them a link to the forums here .

I think a great year for Franchise Mode players could result if what is going to happen is discussed and ideas are taking into the game.

Peace out!

Last edited by stux; 02-22-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: So what is new in Franchise this year?

It's too early to tell boss. There is some promising news as far as who's working on the franchise mode this year, but nothing written in stone as far as features yet.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

hopefully franchise mode is new in general
Old 02-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

With the Head Coach guy on it I'm hopeful it will be solid.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 02-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 38

im hoping they see my sig
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »