Home

Commentators

This is a discussion on Commentators within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Commentators

I wasnt bother by the radio guy or last years commentary except how it was implemented.

I would see a guy just dive and tackle someone and I would hear "WHAT A HIT" or the "defence really laid a hit out there" ect ect ect the timing was off on alot of what was said and it would be nice to it match properly this year
Old 02-22-2009, 03:11 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 27

I don't quite understand asking for Al Michaels to come back. Al Michaels sounded so disconnected a lot of times. He suffered from many of the same issues as Hammond does now in terms of being robotic. A lot his lines were poorly read and poorly pieced together, too.

Madden has never really excelled with commentary over the past two generations. A lot of the problem can probably be blamed on scripting. Some of it on the person in charge of producing the recording (i.e., somehow allowing these bad takes to get through), and some of it probably on the commentators schedule/availability meaning that they can't always give as much time as necessary to getting it right. But I also think some of it comes down to the commentator understanding the moment. Just listen to how authentic Brad Nessler sounds in the NCAA games, and then compare it to Michaels or Hammond in Madden. It's a night and day difference. If I were EA I would be asking Brad Nessler to come give my lead commentator some pointers.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:08 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 26

Any sideline commentators/reporters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 29

I think the commentator debate always ends up on the same level.
'I like them' vs. 'They are lame' - I wish they would take a couple years and put together some city/team specific commentators.

Hammond seemed like a Robot and Collinsworth tends to repeat the same stuff quite a bit.

If I had to choose... I would BEG for commentary during the NFL Draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »