Home

Defensive Player Stances: Pre-Play

This is a discussion on Defensive Player Stances: Pre-Play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #25
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Defensive Player Stances: Pre-Play

Awesome thread here. As it currently stand, everybody looks like hunched over robots out there. Make these guys look more nimble and athletic. CB's need to be changed too. We need to see stances showing that they want to shade inside or what have you.

Here's a video of what I'm talking about. Look at each corner, bottom and top of screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQWBmD1cbD0

Last edited by adub88; 02-23-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 39

I had my reservations while reading then I looked at the screenshot.

This is an obvious one.

We need more stances.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
OLB's 3-4 Defense

Key thing here for OLB's in the 3-4 when rushing, inside foot forward, outside foot back. Explode off the inside foot. Madden 09 has terrible 3-4 OLB stances.
Thank you brother...this is the VISUAL evidence I was hoping for
Old 02-23-2009, 11:47 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Agreed. I've said this so much. But of course with Rex gone, I'm not sure we are going to move around as much. We'll still be aggressive, but probably less exotic.
When they introduced Mattison, he said they're not going to try and fix what isn't broken. He wast he DC for Florida when they shell-shocked Troy Smith and the Buckeyes and he likes an aggressive, high pressure type of defense. I wouldn't be surprised if we remained exotic. I think it hinges more so on if they're able to retain Ray as opposed to having lost Rex, because he was responsible for a ton of on field adjustments that made that style of defense operable without being extremely vulnerable to the big play.

Also, I'm not really asking just for the Ravens defense, I just mean more movement in general, the players seem to be pretty set pre-play. I'm just saying a team like the Ravens should move around more (and in a more exotic fashion) than your average team.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:50 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
Awesome thread here. As it currently stand, everybody looks like hunched over robots out there. Make these guys look more nimble and athletic. CB's need to be changed too. We need to see stances showing that they want to shade inside or what have you.

Here's a video of what I'm talking about. Look at each corner, bottom and top of screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQWBmD1cbD0
Good point about the CBs, but they'd have to give us the ability to shade inside/outside again (unless I'm mistaken).
Old 02-24-2009, 01:31 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Idk if it is possible, but I want to see more movement before a blitz. A LOT of movement actually. Look at the Ravens...you would see them all come right above the line moving around each other, then 2 blitz and others drop back.

I want it to be more hidden whether I am blitzing or not. Like if my CB is being sent on a blitz, I don't want my LB over there on the WR on top of my CB. It's pretty obvious what's going on now. If my Safety is coming down to blitz, mix it up, sometimes have him jog down to the line THEN drop back(if Palamalu FLYS back) or runs right down to the line(as if they are trying to time the snap) and STOPS right at the line then blitzs.

I also want to see LB's hover right over the center sometimes.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:38 AM   #31
All Star

OVR: 33

Wide Receivers and tight end need their inside foot (the one closest to the quarterback) up in front of their back foot.

Different stances too. Some are tense with their hands, others are relaxed with their hands on their sides dangling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 02:14 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Wide Receivers and tight end need their inside foot (the one closest to the quarterback) up in front of their back foot.

Different stances too. Some are tense with their hands, others are relaxed with their hands on their sides dangling.
Agreed, sometimes WRs bring their hands up in little fists too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »