Home

Why were previous features removed?!?

This is a discussion on Why were previous features removed?!? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2009, 01:26 AM   #25
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Why were previous features removed?!?

These features were never in next-gen Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 04:26 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
I'm not talking about gimmicks like offensive playmaker, but the features that actually mattered. Below is a list off features Ian and co should bring back to the game, (don't give me that not enough space $hit it's Blu-Ray) If not, could anyone give me a valid reason why they were removed.

1) Expansion Teams
2) Team finances/fan support leading to a bankrupt team and having to relocate
3) Formation substitutions
4) Coach creation
5) Referees and side judges
6) Tony Bruno Show

Feel free to give me more suggestions
1. Because it was a gimmick
2. Ditto.
3. It's still in the game, only now it's on-the-fly, making it a much more useful feature.
4. It was a gimmick.
5. I agree, this is actually something I'd like to see.
6. It was the biggest of the gimmicks.

It's funny that you say "not the gimmicks like playmaker control," and then list features that had NO use at all, when playmaker control was actually innovative and led to many of the features in the game today (i.e. RS controlling jukes).

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 02-24-2009, 04:29 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
You know what I would love? Replace Bruno with Mike and Mike. THAT would be awesome.
Especially if it was the actual Mike and Mike show, and not pre-recorded clips about your fictional franchise. I don't care to hear about my simulated reality, but I'd love to hear about the real NFL while I play my simulated version.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 02-24-2009, 07:06 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
I'm not talking about gimmicks like offensive playmaker, but the features that actually mattered. Below is a list off features Ian and co should bring back to the game, (don't give me that not enough space $hit it's Blu-Ray) If not, could anyone give me a valid reason why they were removed.

1) Expansion Teams
4) Coach creation
6) Tony Bruno Show

I feel you especially number number 3 and 5, how can play a game a footbal without referees and side judges, that adds realism. How long did it take them to add refs last gen? Well hope we get them this year on these powerfuls systems, and this is going to be the 5th Madden on the 360 and STILL no refs!! Ian I hope your reading this.

Last edited by TequILLa; 02-24-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:30 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 16

the problem is this game is made for the 360 in mind

-NOT every 360 had a hard drive so you cant build the game using "hard drive people" because you would seclude a big chuck of the cheap 360 crowd who dont have hard drives

-the 360 only carries 9gb of space on a dual layered dvd 9 disc.

if the game is made for ps3 THEN ported to 360 the game would be better

-EVERY ps3 owner has a hard drive
-the ps3 disc can hold 50gb of data on a dual layered blu ray disc

ps3 is being held back by the 360 limitations and us, as ps3 owners, are basically stuck with 360 software.

this is why when games that are "playstation exclusive" blow away anything youve ever seen.
the 360 is a glorified regular xbox with hd graphics.

someone needs to get on the boat and make games for ps3 then port to 360.
let the inferior system(360) lose features while the muscle system(ps3) has all the features and should be everything the game could be.

Last edited by The Sim God; 02-24-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:56 AM   #30
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

1) Expansion Teams
4) Coach creation
6) Tony Bruno Show

hey you got to approach these threads a little bit more kinder man..create blogs pm or something. if you need help on how to approach these things without the bashing or cussing or w/e come hit me up and we will work together on how to make a blog or something.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 02-24-2009, 08:26 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 26

LOL, funny I don't see what I posted as bashing anyone. Maybe I can understand you taking the $ word as offensive, but seriously dude is it really that bad and it was directed at a "statement" not a person. Back to the topic at hand, I liked all the features that I listed, sure they didn't add to gameplay but to me they increased the fun I had while playing, because it was like being a franchise owner and listening to talk radio.

p.s. I don't think all playmaker options are gimmicks. The controlling the RB was unrealistic, and that's the only gfeature I mentioned as a gimmick, and most people on this site will agree that was far too exploitable. I now understand most people didn't care for Tony Bruno either but the other features I mentioned were legitimate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sim God
the problem is this game is made for the 360 in mind

-NOT every 360 had a hard drive so you cant build the game using "hard drive people" because you would seclude a big chuck of the cheap 360 crowd who dont have hard drives

-the 360 only carries 9gb of space on a dual layered dvd 9 disc.

if the game is made for ps3 THEN ported to 360 the game would be better

-EVERY ps3 owner has a hard drive
-the ps3 disc can hold 50gb of data on a dual layered blu ray disc

ps3 is being held back by the 360 limitations and us, as ps3 owners, are basically stuck with 360 software.

this is why when games that are "playstation exclusive" blow away anything youve ever seen.
the 360 is a glorified regular xbox with hd graphics.

someone needs to get on the boat and make games for ps3 then port to 360.
let the inferior system(360) lose features while the muscle system(ps3) has all the features and should be everything the game could be.
Technically, they hold less than 9GB of data, but your point is still valid.

Sadly, the 360 is the leading (not counting Wii) console this generation, so development goes on it first and then ports to the PS3 in most cases.

It has been proven that games developed on the PS3 first and ported to the 360 generally turn out better with many less issues. EA's own Burnout Paradise is a great example of this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »