Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to QB Position

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to QB Position within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2009, 04:58 PM   #225
Rookie

OVR: 1
I just thought of this idea....I think the makers of Madden should use ESPN, obviously, but also put in NBC and CBS since the games are played on those stations as well... HOWEVER, for whatever station your game is playing on, you should have a completely different Presentation, even commentators coudl be different for each station (idk how likely that is, but its a great idea)....also, for the superbowl or monday night games or just big games, have different presentation, have the commentators and fans and everything actually know whats going on instead of having the same OLD REPEATATIVE presentation, it makes the game get boring, we need CHANGE in the PRESENTATION!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #226
Rookie

OVR: 1
Why can't I see the whole blog?
Old 03-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #227
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog - Improvements to QB Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
1 step, 3 steps, 5 quick, 5 big, 7 quick, 7 big, and 9 steps.
9 steps? Never heard that, seems reallly long.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #228
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
That's gotta be on deep deep routes....i.e Hail Mary plays I'm guessing...Correct me if I'm wrong Adem.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:41 PM   #229
Banned

OVR: 25

Love how they are increasing the drop back time of the QB. This definitely opens up the chance for an actual pocket to form.

Also am pleased to see that QB's are getting more ratings. Hope this seperates players more. In 09 EVERY single QB for the most part was pretty equal in terms of ability.

If they can truly PENALIZE the 20 yd drop back guys and the Roll all over the place types, i would be happy. Also like the fact they are SLOWING down the speed of passes and giving more "touch" to passes as well.

We still believe in you EA......Please...we really need a winner here.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #230
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
49ers did that a few times last season. I recall one time where there was an even deeper drop back on a crossing route in the endzone. I believe it was against the Jets.

I'll find a vid later, but it was at least 9 steps.

The point being that you will occassionally see that sort of thing, but only from crazies like Mike Martz and the like.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #231
Banned

OVR: 25

While all this sounds amazing, like some have already said, i still remain VERY VERY skeptical. Way too many things have been promised but have never come to be.

While you guys are definitely on the right track, there are still a TON of issues regarding gameplay that HAVE to be fixed, not addressed, but fixed. By this i mean they no longer exist.

But back on point.I LOVED what i saw regarding WR/DB interaction as this was something that should have been done before to add a more organic element to gameplay. Also like the more realistic routes of WR's.

Overall game speed was another area that really grabbed my attention. The reason being is that for years i have felt the game moved unnaturally fast. I like how the higher difficulty settings offer a more realistic measure of speed. And we all know that only 3 attributes actually matter in madden and speed is one of them (the other 2 being QB power and acceleration).

Quick question. How in the world does QB Awr even matter? I mean if we are controlloing the QB, isnt OUR awareness not the attribute itself that is actually factoring in? Or, is QB awr a CPU thing primarily? (you get my point i hope)

You guys are on track it seems. I just hope the SIM element gets the attention it deserves. I mean for the casual and cheeze players you can pretty much leave the game as it is since it caters to THEIR style.

Last thing. Are you going to do anything about the kicking game? There has to be a more challenging mechanic.

You are winning me (as well as many others) back. I just hope it all pans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #232
Banned

OVR: 6

love the new qb additions keep up the good work guys
one thing i noticed from the pic and the video is the qbs head is allways level to his shoulder pads why dont madden encorporatate qbs whoes head is tilted back abit because when a real qb is going to throw a deep route he head is back abit not level its a natural reaction to to move your neck back to throw the ball

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »