Home

New QB Ratings. Who gets what?

This is a discussion on New QB Ratings. Who gets what? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2009, 03:41 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: New QB Ratings. Who gets what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I think for most of these things it should look like
Elite 90 - 99
Near the top - 80 - 89
Good 70 - 79
Average 60 - 69
Below Average 50 - 59
Weak 40 - 49
non positional ratings that someone uses occasionally or for positions they played in the past or areas they are really weak 30 - 39
ratings in skills not used by a player 0 - 20

I cant really say I agree with the bold. I would love to see NCAA make QBs that can play linebacker and when i draft that QB i could move him to LB if thats where I thought he would play best. Many players move around from almost every position to another position from h/s all the way to the NFL trying to find that niche that they perform best in. I dont want generic ratings for players that "dont do this or do that" i want everyone to be rated on every stat.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:51 AM   #34
All Star

OVR: 33

Why is my punter in college, turned Quarterback in the pros, unable to punt in the pros because his 99 kpw turns into the generic 40 kpw!! Killing me. lol.

But players that perform the wildcat should get ratings between 50-70 for their throwing attributes. Ronnie Brown. Possibly Dmac.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:56 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 12

I like where Alex Brady's head is at. Everyone but him has everyone rated way too high in my opinion. His ratings are a little too low but there should be a middle ground. If someone is average in something then the rating should be in the 60's and 70's not in the 80's man. Donny is already agreeing with some people. I sincerely hope that all top QB's won't all have upper 90's in all but one of the new categories.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 03:57 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
Why is my punter in college, turned Quarterback in the pros, unable to punt in the pros because his 99 kpw turns into the generic 40 kpw!! Killing me. lol.

But players that perform the wildcat should get ratings between 50-70 for their throwing attributes. Ronnie Brown. Possibly Dmac.
quick give him the roids...maybe they wont test him because hes a punter

nope....didnt work lol

There are some players like Randle or matt jones maybe that can really thought the ball maybe in the high 70s low 80s. i dont want to see if your player is not a qb a limit for his arm is this and the same goes for every position really.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:11 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Peyton Manning:

1. Deep Ball Accuracy: 84
2. Medium Passing Accuracy: 87
3. Short Passing Accuracy: 89
4. Throw on the Run: 30
5. Play Action: 84

Tom Brady:

1. Deep Ball Accuracy: 82
2. Medium Passing Accuracy: 88
3. Short Passing Accuracy: 89
4. Throw on the Run: 40
5. Play Action: 80

Drew Brees:

1. Deep Ball Accuracy: 78
2. Medium Passing Accuracy: 84
3. Short Passing Accuracy: 86
4. Throw on the Run: 40
5. Play Action: 78

Ben Roethlisberger:

1. Deep Ball Accuracy: 77
2. Medium Passing Accuracy: 79
3. Short Passing Accuracy: 82
4. Throw on the Run: 75
5. Play Action: 79

Tony Romo:

1. Deep Ball Accuracy: 74
2. Medium Passing Accuracy: 77
3. Short Passing Accuracy: 82
4. Throw on the Run: 50
5. Play Action: 65

Donovan McNabb:

1. Deep Ball Accuracy: 70
2. Medium Passing Accuracy: 75
3. Short Passing Accuracy: 78
4. Throw on the Run: 45
5. Play Action: 70

Carson Palmer:

1. Deep Ball Accuracy: 82
2. Medium Passing Accuracy: 84
3. Short Passing Accuracy: 85
4. Throw on the Run: 30
5. Play Action: 75
I fully agree with these ratings. Maybe a slight bump but very very slight. I want to see greater difference between Peyton throwing a short throw vs Mcnabb throwing one. I want to see greater stand out qualities, that show case these guys key part of the game.

Example: Big Ben ability to buy time, get out the pocket, make something happen and complete the big throw. Then see someone like Kurt Warner try and do the same thing and just having a much harder time hitting a WR in stride
Old 02-24-2009, 04:15 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I cant really say I agree with the bold. I would love to see NCAA make QBs that can play linebacker and when i draft that QB i could move him to LB if thats where I thought he would play best. Many players move around from almost every position to another position from h/s all the way to the NFL trying to find that niche that they perform best in. I dont want generic ratings for players that "dont do this or do that" i want everyone to be rated on every stat.
Yes, there are players who move around and who fit outside the mold. This is more prevalent the younger players are and the lower the level they are playing at.

Also, most of the ratings that are going to be in these lower areas for most players will be the skill type ratings. Physical attributes will obviously be more non positional.

I don't really see a lot of QBs moving to LB but since that is the example you mentioned I will discuss that. I would agree that if you have a player who in high school played both sides of the ball or a player who is very athletic and strong or for whatever reason although he is a quarterback he has the physical ability to play linebacker.

I generally figure for instance that most quarterbacks should have tackle ratings, read play ratings, coverage ratings, etc... in the lowest area, 0 - 20 but if this guy has some experience using these other skills he might be up in the 30 - 39 or even the 40 - 49 area. If you move him over to LB while he is young then he will already have the physical abilities and with those skills being low with practice they will develop relatively quickly. If he moves to LB then skills he doesn't use should in my opinion atrophy as they are not being used.

This way players won't really be able to move back and forth constantly between several positions and the older they get the tougher it will be for them to change.

This way when a player is coming in to college where moving around is prevalent then a player who is versatile and really fits into another position could move over and be able to contribute pretty soon. With just the physical skills it might take a year or two.

However, if this player stays in his initial position through 3 or 4 or 5 years of college then you try to change them it will be more difficult, especially since they need to be at an even higher level to be successful, so it will be tougher to change their position.

Now if you leave them in their original position until they have been in the pros for 10 years it will be really tough to move them and they will probably only bring the physical abilities and any transferable abilities to the table.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:36 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6

Flacco should have a throw power of about 96, deep ball accuracy of 90, medium accuracy of 77, and short accuracy of 73-ish. Throw on the run of about 45, and play action of 68.

This, of course, incorporating the new, expanded rating scale.

"Excuse me, but Hiphop these days, it don't enthuse me"

---Chino XL
Old 02-24-2009, 05:15 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm very happy with this news
I'm not going to rate QB's because lot of people already did..
IMO a lot are way to high.. I like how AlexBrady rated the players though..

I'm just wondering how this will work..
Let's say Flacco has THP 96 and DPA 90..so the deep ball is his weapon.. how will this translate in the difficulty to pull deep passes off? Will it be easy for him to pass for 300+ a game by throwing 6 long bombs?
Does the defensive AI adjust to the QB's strenghts?

Another thing about the ratings..

1. Deep Ball Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on deep passes (streaks, deep posts, etc)
2. Medium Passing Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on medium passes (outs, corners, etc)
3. Short Passing Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on short passes (quick smash, flats, etc)

The wide recievers... maybe a little too much and maybe this is also adressed by overall route running but wouldn't it be an idea to also implement these ratings to recievers..
1. Deep Ball Routes
2. Medium Passing Routes
3. Short Passing Routes

So yeah just thought about it could be a nice addition

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »