Home

New Players & Rookie Ratings

This is a discussion on New Players & Rookie Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How Should They Rate New Players And Rookies?
Keep the Same System 2 33.33%
Have Them Earn Their Ratings 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
New Players & Rookie Ratings

I dislike the fact that when there is a new player that is added to a teams roster such as Brian Witherspoon of the jaguars and Darrick brown of the raiders. When the developers add a player who has not yet been created or even a rookie immediately their ratings are high in certain categories.

When the developers add a player i think that their intentions are backwards as far as the way the progress the new additions ratings. When they add players and rookies they have high ratings in certain categories and then eventually what they do is downgrade those players ratings. That strategy is terrible and what i believe they should do is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE and start players in low numbers to start out and then allow them to earn there 98 speed and catch ratings.

When a player is added to the game he immediately has a low AWR(Awareness) rating and honestly when is awareness actually used? (Im Waiting). There are only about 4 actual ratings that matter in madden for all positions and believe their should be an earning factor in their rating strategy.

There is a reason that amongst us madden players we call Darrick Brown of the raiders Randy Moss because he has the only attributes that really matter not only for the defense but for offense as well. Darrick Brown came out of no where and was an instant hit being he is 6'4" and 98 speed which is unacceptable in my book.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: New Players & Rookie Ratings

I think that speed and other physical attributes should be given based on a player's speed. I do however think they need to do a better job of assessing the rookies' physical attributes because they always seem to make those higher than the rest of the league. They are, however, something that can be relatively easy to determine and something that is pretty constant and doesn't really develop. Skills and awareness need to be earned but they also need to have more effect on the game.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:22 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10
Angry Re: New Players & Rookie Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I think that speed and other physical attributes should be given based on a player's speed. I do however think they need to do a better job of assessing the rookies' physical attributes because they always seem to make those higher than the rest of the league. They are, however, something that can be relatively easy to determine and something that is pretty constant and doesn't really develop. Skills and awareness need to be earned but they also need to have more effect on the game.
one of my points EXACTLY.....Awareness needs to be apart of the game and right now there isn't one clear indication that it is a factor

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »