Home

DL/OL interaction

This is a discussion on DL/OL interaction within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6
DL/OL interaction

I hope they really improve both. I want to be able to tell the difference between a dominate D lineman or a dominate O lineman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: DL/OL interaction

Being a former OT/DT in high school It would really be nice if they fixed the trenches. Without the trenches football aint football it's 7 on 7 drills.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Instead of saying I want I want I want, I think everyone would like to hear what you would think would make it better.

Lets take the interaction then...I think they should revamp the stats on the Dlinemen like they did the QBs. how so? They should have ratings for spin move, rip, push/pull, and club move. it make require redoing the buttions to allow the players to use the different moves but it would also allow us more ability to play the D-line and also make us think about drafting two similar players that have different moves.

I like how the Oline are setup with their stats BUT they need to fix the AI because countless times they will let the most danergous pass rusher though for no reason at all. They do the im gonna block him and then the Dlinemen just runs around them and BAM sack. An olinemen with good pass block/run block footwork shouldnt have this happen and i feel the the "layered blending" is going to be fit here well.

It feels like each Olinemen is acting for himself and not playing to cutting down the pass rush lanes. Countless times I see the tackle run and block a DT when the DT does a stunt and the Dend runs around and the guard just looks and goes o well and runs to the front of the line and blocks the other DT. The line need to play more as a unit then as 5 players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyf74O7bPds
Old 02-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Instead of saying I want I want I want, I think everyone would like to hear what you would think would make it better.

Lets take the interaction then...I think they should revamp the stats on the Dlinemen like they did the QBs. how so? They should have ratings for spin move, rip, push/pull, and club move. it make require redoing the buttions to allow the players to use the different moves but it would also allow us more ability to play the D-line and also make us think about drafting two similar players that have different moves.

I like how the Oline are setup with their stats BUT they need to fix the AI because countless times they will let the most danergous pass rusher though for no reason at all. They do the im gonna block him and then the Dlinemen just runs around them and BAM sack. An olinemen with good pass block/run block footwork shouldnt have this happen and i feel the the "layered blending" is going to be fit here well.

It feels like each Olinemen is acting for himself and not playing to cutting down the pass rush lanes. Countless times I see the tackle run and block a DT when the DT does a stunt and the Dend runs around and the guard just looks and goes o well and runs to the front of the line and blocks the other DT. The line need to play more as a unit then as 5 players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyf74O7bPds
I agree it would be nice if the lineman would block as a unit instead of 5 individuals on run plays and on pass plays, guards and centers block as one while the tackles play more one on one with help from RB's and TE's. There needs to be a real 3 technique and 1 technique at DT because with it the way it is now it is not realistic and the DT stunts are not right. Hopefully they can get the edge rushers to rush like they do on Sundays in the NFL.

Last edited by ImReady77; 02-24-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

lets hope this is gonna be in there weekly announcements soon. Throw us some more bones, Ian! Happy Fat Tuesday
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman1976
lets hope this is gonna be in there weekly announcements soon. Throw us some more bones, Ian! Happy Fat Tuesday

happy fat tuesday turns into obese wednesday lol

serious note though. those 4 stats are all about technique so a player like chris long would have above average stats in all of them. to make them more effective if a player had more agility,strength, and size would all be facters to increase the effectivness of the skill.

so albert hainsworth would be a beast with the push n pull skill but wouldnt have the best spin because he isnt that agile nor that small. On the other hand dwight freeney would be a beast using the spin because he is smaller, quicker,more agile.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 15

I agree with IMready, being a former right tackle myself I absolutely loved it but it was definitely about the individual blocking.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 15

Excuse me I meant to say it was definitely not about the individual but more about the whole line doing their job together.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »