Home

Weekly Preparation?

This is a discussion on Weekly Preparation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you want a Weekly Preparation in Madden 2010
Yes 55 79.71%
No 7 10.14%
Indifferent 7 10.14%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2009, 06:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Weekly Preparation?

its a great idea, but I didn't like 2Ks training calves, chest whatever. I think it needs to be a little slimer than 2K but more robust (and not a minigame) like the old madden weekly training.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:48 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
downright exactly what i was thinking but i wanted to keep it simple w/o adding in more stats and making coaches matter. I hope they bring in work ethic because players like larry fitz and A.D.(adrain peterson(sp) become very valuable in comparision to Mike Williams.

I also hope they make coaches matter even its something like head coach but honestly coaches are half the team. i like the idea of giving players and coaches seperate total time instead of a 40 hour total time for both.

Overall great idea keep em coming folks
I know that some people like to keep things simple. I think the best way to do this is if to either make it an option that can be turned on or off or allow the option to have the cpu set it up for you. Also the cpu controlled teams should use these things as well to train their players and the success rate should be either random or based on some rating for their head coach or whatever.

Another thing I would like to see to streamline this is to be able to when you set up a training activity it should give you the option to set it up as a one time thing, set it up weekly for the year, or set it up weekly for that player or group of players until you change it and carry over season to season. That way if for instance on monday you always want your QBs to watch film for 2 hours then you can set them to do that every week forever. Also you should be able to set multiple setups so you can have one for normal weeks, one for weeks when you play monday, one for weeks you play thursday, one for after each of those week types, one for bye weeks etc and then you can just adjust those setups as needed to fit your team.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #11
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I'll take Head Coaches preparation over 2k5s... 2k5's preparation was a cool idea, but it sucked in practice. Head coaches may be simpler, but it worked a HELL of a lot better.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #12
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
The don't have to take anything from 2K they could take from Head Coach 09..
Agreed, especially when you have people from the HC09 team on the Madden team.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:16 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'll take Head Coaches preparation over 2k5s... 2k5's preparation was a cool idea, but it sucked in practice. Head coaches may be simpler, but it worked a HELL of a lot better.

Head coach could work if they include play book knowledge. otherwise their practices really didnt do anything(maybe a few points from your coach stats if you were lvl 5).

It could go both ways if they have playbook knowledge. Players can choose to have it auto-done for overall basic results, basic which would be the head coach style and using sliders or something that would give basic what you wanted done for your players, and advanced which is like 2k5 mixed with everything me and kcarr have listed.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:19 PM   #14
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I am not worried about Franchise this year, I have a feeling that Madden 10's Franchise is going to be one of the deepest franchise's we have seen in a mainstream game.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:21 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

I wouldn't mind this as long as it can be set to be cpu-controlled if I want. Also, my team shouldn't take any sort of major hit if I decide not to do it manually. Sometimes I like to just play a few games in a row without doing anything to my roster besides training players. I would hate it if we were forced to spend like 30 minutes in between games to prepare for the next week, because otherwise our team would take a huge hit for being unprepared.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #16
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Head coach could work if they include play book knowledge. otherwise their practices really didnt do anything(maybe a few points from your coach stats if you were lvl 5).

It could go both ways if they have playbook knowledge. Players can choose to have it auto-done for overall basic results, basic which would be the head coach style and using sliders or something that would give basic what you wanted done for your players, and advanced which is like 2k5 mixed with everything me and kcarr have listed.
Yes, I think they should bring playbook knowledge over. I really did not like 2k5s weekly preparation. It was rarely effective in any meaningful way, and you could have one position practice for well over 24 hours in a single day. It was really poorly implemented.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »