Home

Weekly Preparation?

This is a discussion on Weekly Preparation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you want a Weekly Preparation in Madden 2010
Yes 55 79.71%
No 7 10.14%
Indifferent 7 10.14%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Weekly Preparation?

I think weekly preparation would be a great feature to have in franchise mode. Another feature (not necessarily for franchise mode) that I think would be great is halftime adjustments.

These features IMO would bring more strategy to the game... which is what you see on Sundays... strategies and gameplans trying to be executed.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 18

Here is what I think should be done for weekly preparation. Instead of having to babysit each of your players week in and week out - which becomes cumbersome in my opinion - to have preparation take place on the entire team/coaching level.

What would be best in franchise mode is for you to have the ability to watch VIDEO replay of your opponent to discover trends and mismatches. If im entering week 10 of my season and facing the Cowboys, then i want to be able to amass all the big plays and highlights from the first 9 weeks of their season. If I can properly identify weaknesses or neutralize their strengths, then my team gets a little bonus for the big game.

This would be a useful tool not only for presentation, atmosphere and immersion, but could factor into deeper franchise gameplay as well. It would be great if Madden could somehow track what teams are doing so that I could study video as if I were a coach. To make it even easier, those of us that do watch video, to have the game itself identfy certain trends/weaknesses and strengths the more time we spend studying. That's how it's done.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:56 PM   #19
Banned

FootballDetails's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I am not worried about Franchise this year, I have a feeling that Madden 10's Franchise is going to be one of the deepest franchise's we have seen in a mainstream game.

I'm not worried either, but until the inclusion of an Online Franchise mode is announced, I won't be ecstatic.

It doesn't help that adembroski doesn't think the mode will be included in this year's game. C'mon, adembroski! You gotta believe!
Old 02-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 10

This happens b4 sundays and come into action on sundayss this should be in the game but optional
Old 02-24-2009, 09:27 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 20

another possible way of doing this to where it would be easier and quicker for those who don't want to spend the time is maybe be able to set a few simple things. You could maybe set your offense to run heavy, balanced, or pass heavy, set your defense the same, set your team to concentrate on offense, balanced, or concentrated on defense, and set the team to build for the future concentrating on drills to build up skills and weight and cardio training to build physical abilities and playbook studying to learn the playbook, try to win now which will work more on gameplanning and only try to maintain the physical abilities, skills, and knowledge, or balanced to combine the two.

Setting these 4 things to one of these 3 choices will set up a base gameplan for each of the types of weeks allowing you to get the full training, maybe not in as specialized of a way as if you go through and set everything but you won't miss out on the training and it will at least build somewhat to what you want. You can then go in and change anything within the plan as you see fit. this way you could spend very little time in training or spend a lot of time in training depending on what you feel like doing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 11:12 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
another possible way of doing this to where it would be easier and quicker for those who don't want to spend the time is maybe be able to set a few simple things. You could maybe set your offense to run heavy, balanced, or pass heavy, set your defense the same, set your team to concentrate on offense, balanced, or concentrated on defense, and set the team to build for the future concentrating on drills to build up skills and weight and cardio training to build physical abilities and playbook studying to learn the playbook, try to win now which will work more on gameplanning and only try to maintain the physical abilities, skills, and knowledge, or balanced to combine the two.

Setting these 4 things to one of these 3 choices will set up a base gameplan for each of the types of weeks allowing you to get the full training, maybe not in as specialized of a way as if you go through and set everything but you won't miss out on the training and it will at least build somewhat to what you want. You can then go in and change anything within the plan as you see fit. this way you could spend very little time in training or spend a lot of time in training depending on what you feel like doing

Thats what I was meaning by the sliders. I had company coming over so I was trying to be quick with my response.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:23 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 8

I want it if it's done well enough. If it's the same quality as rookie scouting than nah.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:25 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Thats what I was meaning by the sliders. I had company coming over so I was trying to be quick with my response.
I figured that was kinda what you were getting at there. Good to see that atleast someone is on the same page as me weekly prep wise. Also so far in the poll most people seem to be for at least some form of prep with only 1 against and a couple indefinate

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »