Home

Weekly Preparation?

This is a discussion on Weekly Preparation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you want a Weekly Preparation in Madden 2010
Yes 55 79.71%
No 7 10.14%
Indifferent 7 10.14%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 26
Weekly Preparation?

How many times have we heard from the NFL that they have the short week and its gonna be tough to get ready for the next game?

Im sure most of you dont even realize you are playing a monday night game then playing a saterday night game.(dont think its happened but still) In 2k5 there was weekly preparation that not to many people i know of used but its all a reality in the NFL.

You could work out your players different body parts to increase the associated stat. thighs,calves, bicep,tricep,forearm,shoulders ect ect.

you could have your players study film to boost awareness. (if EA adds play book knownledge they could add study playbook) you could have your team do practice 7v7 11v11 in full pads,partial pads, and no pads.

you could have your players do things like yoga,sprint training, biking and other things to boost stamina,speed,and awareness. There was also position specific drills like QB throwing, RB gauntlets, WR catching that would help your players for the coming game.

If you had a player who was hurt you could pick what type of rehab you wanted him to do...you didnt have to do bench rep/40 yard dash to make him healthy you could send him to get arthroscopic surgery if it was really bad or hot/cold baths for more minor things.

The biggest thing i think they had was you could make your players go on a diet to gain or lose weight. 2k5 failed to make the weight changes permanent which is a big deal in real life. How often do we hear this guy need to maintain this weight(mike williams, jemarus russel) if EA made weight matter and let the players keep the extra weight gain then you might want to bulk up a 190 pound running back to make him lose some speed but to be more effective every down back.

During this weekly preparation you could hold team meetings and speak to the press to help get your team focused and have good chemistry. you could also get footnotes/scouting report about the team you were about to face.

I would love to have something like this added into madden 2010. what do yall think?

EDIT:
kcarr and myself have just been talking openly about things that might make the game more interesting/better. It does not mean that is what weekly prep would be like.

So if you feel that madden needs a more indepth weekly prep be it like 2k5 or head coach that could be opitional to do then please vote accordingly.

Last edited by Glorious Arc; 02-25-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Weekly Preparation?

I love this idea, but you know and I know EA will not go this route. To take anything from 2K would be an admit to defeat. They want to do their thing and try to beat the 5 year old competition.

They are taking 'Throw on the Run' from 2K aka Scramble, so why not steal the Weekley Preparation while you're at it? Give us something worth 60 dollars, not just a game that is crap with good graphics.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
How many times have we heard from the NFL that they have the short week and its gonna be tough to get ready for the next game?

Im sure most of you dont even realize you are playing a monday night game then playing a saterday night game.(dont think its happened but still) In 2k5 there was weekly preparation that not to many people i know of used but its all a reality in the NFL.

You could work out your players different body parts to increase the associated stat. thighs,calves, bicep,tricep,forearm,shoulders ect ect.

you could have your players study film to boost awareness. (if EA adds play book knownledge they could add study playbook) you could have your team do practice 7v7 11v11 in full pads,partial pads, and no pads.

you could have your players do things like yoga,sprint training, biking and other things to boost stamina,speed,and awareness. There was also position specific drills like QB throwing, RB gauntlets, WR catching that would help your players for the coming game.

If you had a player who was hurt you could pick what type of rehab you wanted him to do...you didnt have to do bench rep/40 yard dash to make him healthy you could send him to get arthroscopic surgery if it was really bad or hot/cold baths for more minor things.

The biggest thing i think they had was you could make your players go on a diet to gain or lose weight. 2k5 failed to make the weight changes permanent which is a big deal in real life. How often do we hear this guy need to maintain this weight(mike williams, jemarus russel) if EA made weight matter and let the players keep the extra weight gain then you might want to bulk up a 190 pound running back to make him lose some speed but to be more effective every down back.

During this weekly preparation you could hold team meetings and speak to the press to help get your team focused and have good chemistry. you could also get footnotes/scouting report about the team you were about to face.

I would love to have something like this added into madden 2010. what do yall think?
Those thing should be implemented during mini and training camp. Things like film study and game planning should be for during the week of a game.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja
I love this idea, but you know and I know EA will not go this route. To take anything from 2K would be an admit to defeat. They want to do their thing and try to beat the 5 year old competition.

They are taking 'Throw on the Run' from 2K aka Scramble, so why not steal the Weekley Preparation while you're at it? Give us something worth 60 dollars, not just a game that is crap with good graphics.
EA has a weekly preparation its just not as indepth and they make you do the drills to improve only the weapon stats.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoiseySoulja

The don't have to take anything from 2K they could take from Head Coach 09..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

I don't really like the head coach one. It is only slightly more in depth than madden's. Sure it is slightly better but not nearly what is should be.

Here is how I think training should go:

Each player gets an allotment of hours for training each day that they can train that week. These could be a standard number but I would prefer that it be based off of some sort of work ethic rating. This could add another way that players can become busts or gems as those with higher work ethics will be willing to put in the extra hours and develop more while those with lower work ethic won't. Also there should be a discipline type rating that determines the effectiveness of their training.

Your coach and all the assistants should also have a number of hours determined in the same way as the players hours. They should also have a number of players they can work with per hour. Also each facility such as weight room, film room etc... should have a number of hours it can be used and players that can be trained per hour.

You should split players time between weight training, drills, film studying, playbook studying, scrimmaging, etc... and coaches time between running the players through drills, gameplanning, and film studying.

Activities for the players should improve the players basically in 2 ways. Short term as in learning the week's gameplan and preparing for the week's game and long term as in permanent improvements.

Gameplan improvements should be able to improve a players ratings enough to where a good week of practice with good coaching and a little luck, as there should be some randomness in it, concentrating on short term improvements over long term could possibly improve the player's overall by as a couple points for the upcoming game.

Long term developmental training if that is where you concentrate should develop somewhat along the lines of head coach's development system having to obtain a certain number of points before they improve and should only improve maybe a couple points per year.

Coaches working with players should help them depending on the coaches ratings and coaches film study should improve how much they effect the player's short term planning as well as being able to find out more about the tendencies of opponents.

training camp and preseason should be handled in a similar fashion
Old 02-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 39

It adds depth to Franchise than I'm in.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I don't really like the head coach one. It is only slightly more in depth than madden's. Sure it is slightly better but not nearly what is should be.

Here is how I think training should go:

Each player gets an allotment of hours for training each day that they can train that week. These could be a standard number but I would prefer that it be based off of some sort of work ethic rating. This could add another way that players can become busts or gems as those with higher work ethics will be willing to put in the extra hours and develop more while those with lower work ethic won't. Also there should be a discipline type rating that determines the effectiveness of their training.

Your coach and all the assistants should also have a number of hours determined in the same way as the players hours. They should also have a number of players they can work with per hour. Also each facility such as weight room, film room etc... should have a number of hours it can be used and players that can be trained per hour.

You should split players time between weight training, drills, film studying, playbook studying, scrimmaging, etc... and coaches time between running the players through drills, gameplanning, and film studying.

Activities for the players should improve the players basically in 2 ways. Short term as in learning the week's gameplan and preparing for the week's game and long term as in permanent improvements.

Gameplan improvements should be able to improve a players ratings enough to where a good week of practice with good coaching and a little luck, as there should be some randomness in it, concentrating on short term improvements over long term could possibly improve the player's overall by as a couple points for the upcoming game.

Long term developmental training if that is where you concentrate should develop somewhat along the lines of head coach's development system having to obtain a certain number of points before they improve and should only improve maybe a couple points per year.

Coaches working with players should help them depending on the coaches ratings and coaches film study should improve how much they effect the player's short term planning as well as being able to find out more about the tendencies of opponents.

training camp and preseason should be handled in a similar fashion
downright exactly what i was thinking but i wanted to keep it simple w/o adding in more stats and making coaches matter. I hope they bring in work ethic because players like larry fitz and A.D.(adrain peterson(sp) become very valuable in comparision to Mike Williams.

I also hope they make coaches matter even its something like head coach but honestly coaches are half the team. i like the idea of giving players and coaches seperate total time instead of a 40 hour total time for both.

Overall great idea keep em coming folks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »