Home

Presentation: THIS is how you do it

This is a discussion on Presentation: THIS is how you do it within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Presentation: THIS is how you do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If you are going to have all that, I'd like in-game saves as an option. 10 minute quarters in 09 are already taking over an 1 hr to play.
But these animations have always had the option to be skipped by a simple A button tap, so why not include them. My point is, MLB 09 the show has them, and you dont see anyone complaining about having to much presentation. The beauty is with the skip option, it works for everyones game situation.

I will agree with you, in game saves should be in. How many times have we all had to turn off a great game? This should never happen, good call!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 26

I would have vehemently disagreed with broadcasters being shown on the game, a week ago, but after reeing the halftime show of 2K5 I think it is an excellent idea. Although we all know that stuff would just be skipped after a month of playing the game.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:57 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
But these animations have always had the option to be skipped by a simple A button tap, so why not include them. My point is, MLB 09 the show has them, and you dont see anyone complaining about having to much presentation. The beauty is with the skip option, it works for everyones game situation.
I agree 100%. Put them in with an option to skip. I like how 2K offers the option to customize the kind of presentation you want. Replay frequency, highlight frequency and the like should totally be an option. I understand it's not important for some people who want a more arcadey experience. But I think for those of us who want a true "sim" - everything you see on Sunday type of NFL game, this stuff needs to be in the game at least as an option to turn on or off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 16

GREAT POST!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:19 AM   #13
MVP

I think the real time stuff would be great, especially getting different packages on and off of the field in time - would add a completely different element to the game.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 27

Is it just me or are MLB The Show's animations just incredibly fluid?

The ones that impress me most are the ones that I've always thought Madden this generation desperately needs improvement on:

*Standing still

*Jogging and then slowing down to stop

*Walking

*Changing directions

Sony really nailed it. Judging from the past 4 games, Madden would have a long way to go just to catch up to those 4 examples.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:31 AM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Is it just me or are MLB The Show's animations just incredibly fluid?

The ones that impress me most are the ones that I've always thought Madden this generation desperately needs improvement on:

*Standing still

*Jogging and then slowing down to stop

*Walking

*Changing directions

Sony really nailed it. Judging from the past 4 games, Madden would have a long way to go just to catch up to those 4 examples.
Absolutely. You can really tell that the developers of MLB The Show love the game of baseball and have paid very close attention to detail and painstakingly worked to recreate the sport. It's that extra layer of polish to get the transitions animations right, the cameras set properly and the atmosphere authentic that sets it apart. I do feel confident that Ian and the team at Madden have this same love for the NFL, and have the skills to polish the game to offer a similar level of authenticity for football. The question is whether or not this is a key area of focus for Madden 10. They have SO many areas that require attention. I like what ive seen for the gameplay advancements from Ian, but I really want to hear about the presentation.

Last edited by johnprestonevans; 02-25-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990

I will agree with you, in game saves should be in. How many times have we all had to turn off a great game? This should never happen, good call!
Too much presentation isn't a bad, thing, no, I agree.

To me, as I've played the other game, after awhile, I started tapping the A button after so many times, I started to think, why is this even in here if I'm tapping the A button all the time?

I may seem like an odd duck in that way, but that is the way I roll. I really think a part of me just wants to get into the game action instead of seeing Joe sixpack high fiving his drinking buddies after a good play is made.

I will clarify, though, more is better than less and Madden 09 bores me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »