Home

Presentation: THIS is how you do it

This is a discussion on Presentation: THIS is how you do it within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 18
Re: Presentation: THIS is how you do it

I think a lot of people feel like you do. Some of my friends have no interest in cutscenes or patience for replays. For them its all about the gameplay experience and being perpetually in the action. Which is totally cool. Personally i like all those extras (if done well) to make it feel like a real game. Thats why i think having the option to customize the presentation (from the main menu) to your liking is the best solution to make everyone happy.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:58 AM   #18
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Too much presentation isn't a bad, thing, no, I agree.

To me, as I've played the other game, after awhile, I started tapping the A button after so many times, I started to think, why is this even in here if I'm tapping the A button all the time?

I may seem like an odd duck in that way, but that is the way I roll. I really think a part of me just wants to get into the game action instead of seeing Joe sixpack high fiving his drinking buddies after a good play is made.

I will clarify, though, more is better than less and Madden 09 bores me.
I think we might all slip into this habit eventually but at least its there to be skipped. If its a big game and you want to be immersed you can. With the way most of EA's games are now you simply can't because the presentation just doesn't capture a tv quality broadcast.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 02-25-2009, 12:01 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 5

I have beat this board to death on this subject over the years, so I won't go into too much detail on how presentaion should be. I did buy a PS3 just for the Show because I am a huge presentation whore. Last year was the first year I purchased Madden and traded it in within a week. I went through my first football season without a football game since I bought a nes. I have all the respect for Ian and everyone from EA that takes the enormous amount of time to be in touch with this community. But after 5 years of waiting for Presentation to show up in Madden I feel it is not a direction they are looking to improve greatly in. The radio guy proves that. I am a 34 year old married man with a 2 1/2 year old that has little time left in my life for gaming. I am simply looking to sit down 2-3 times a week to play a football game that creates a world that is similiar to what we see on tv. And on top of that if something comes up I dont have to quit in the 3rd quarter of my franchise game and felt like I just wasted the last 40 minutes of my life. I am not a 16 year old kid that has friends over and want an arcadey feel to my game of football. I am just looking for a good playing game of football that has great presentation and an in-game save feature. I can't be alone, right? I understand the gameplay needs attention, but that has been the story since next gen started. I will add that last years presentation was definately an improvement, and I am interested to see what they have presentation wise this year.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 18

Well said. I feel the same way. I loved Madden for so many years before it came to the 360. I feel now that it is just on the verge of being great again and i am excited. I find it strange that EA has not commented on presentation much and i do fear that this is indeed an overlooked element. They promised "Beyond Broadcast" last year and fell WELL short of anything that resembled broadcast. That one false promise alone has my guard up for the lofty promises they have insinuated for this season. I really hope im wrong. I know they CAN do it IF they want to. Question is how it fits into their priorities.

On a completely seperate note, was it worth buying a PS3 for MLB The Show? Im about to do the same for this year's MLB game. I am also a presentation whore - and not even a big baseball fan. If Madden could pull off what The Show has done then I swear that game would never leave my tray. Period. EA please deliver a broadcast true experience.

Last edited by johnprestonevans; 02-25-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
Well said. I feel the same way. I loved Madden for so many years before it came to the 360. I feel now that it is just on the verge of being great again and i am excited. I find it strange that EA has not commented on presentation much and i do fear that this is indeed an overlooked element that could take Madden NFL to the level it should be at this point.
Don't forget, though, Ian and Phil have made it pretty clear that they won't be dropping any major new implementations regarding 10 until draft day and beyond.

It's similar to a movie trailer that comes out 6 months before the movie comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 12:57 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Well Ian says he has a copy of 2K5 that he streams in his office as ha reference point, so maybe some of that stuff will make it in the game.
i hope he does. 2k5 was fantastic.

as far as MLB THE SHOW 09......see what happens when you make a game for the SIM CROWD and not for the "pick up and play gamer"!!??
Old 02-25-2009, 01:01 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 26

Yeah you get one of the top 3 sports game/franchises ever created, and it is improving every year. It also has incentives to keep getting better due to competition, but I'm not faulting EA for what they did
Old 02-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Is it just me or are MLB The Show's animations just incredibly fluid?

The ones that impress me most are the ones that I've always thought Madden this generation desperately needs improvement on:

*Standing still

*Jogging and then slowing down to stop

*Walking

*Changing directions

Sony really nailed it. Judging from the past 4 games, Madden would have a long way to go just to catch up to those 4 examples.
Not only that, but Sony also pretty much nailed EACH and EVERY one of the batter's stances, pitcher's techniques, etc.
That's a tough thing to nail down, considering there's about.....oh, I dunno..........several HUNDRED players in MLB!!! And each is unique.

Back to topic, The Show really immerses you into the game. Madden needs this sorely;let's hope Ian and co. get it this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »