Home

Is the most important part of Franchise fixed? PROGRESSION!

This is a discussion on Is the most important part of Franchise fixed? PROGRESSION! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #25
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Is the most important part of Franchise fixed? PROGRESSION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
As far as the progression based on stats I won't say much since I have already offered my opinions and noone has really mentioned anything that would counter them. I will say, however, that while the actual ratings shouldn't be affected I think some things that are currently based off of overall rating such as contract demands and trade values should increase or decrease based on stats.

The part that I really want to discuss is players starting to decline once they hit 33 years old. I actually think some positions should start to decline much earlier than that, running back being the most obvious, and some should be able to maintain longer, kicker punter and QB are the best examples of this. I think things like speed, acceleration, agility, strength, endurance should start to decline for most players at around 30 and should take a pretty sharp decline within a few years. Things like catching, accuracy, route running, etc should be able to be maintained and even slightly improved even when the player is older.

While there are other areas that are broken I don't think progression should be that tough to fix. You would think one or two guys should be able to very easily handle something like this not taking much from the other areas and getting this right could really add to the depth of franchise
I agree completely. I was just using 33 as an estimation, but it should definitely vary on the player and position they play. I also agree about how some attributes should never decrease like awareness and route running.

This brings up another topic...why does a 95 speed in NCAA translate to an 85 speed in Madden? Please...some attributes should vary and some should not when importing draft classes.

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2009, 04:36 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
I agree completely. I was just using 33 as an estimation, but it should definitely vary on the player and position they play. I also agree about how some attributes should never decrease like awareness and route running.

This brings up another topic...why does a 95 speed in NCAA translate to an 85 speed in Madden? Please...some attributes should vary and some should not when importing draft classes.
Yes, most players are pretty much as fast as they are ever going to be by the age of about 21 or 22, The only way it should improve in any real way is by losing weight. The only reason that it should change when importing is if the games are using a different scale. Agility, acceleration, and other explosiveness based ratings should fit in this area.

Strength shouldn't decrease much either although maybe some because most people can continue to get stronger until their mid 20s so they should still be on a somewhat lower level with room to improve.

Running back skills should be mostly similar to strength in this regard because most of them are physically based. Blocking strength fits in here, arm strength, I am sure I am missing some.

Less physical skills and any mental aspects should decrease quite a bit coming in and be able to grow considerably. Awareness, route running, anything with accuracy, blocking footwork, etc
Old 02-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

I do not like the idea of player progression being based solely on performance. If that were the case I would feel obligated to play a certain style or run certain plays just to get a guy solid numbers so he could progress.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 1

What? Im not a troll. Progression is IMO the most important part of my franchise. Watching a young 80OVR OLB grow into a 94 OVR pro-bowl beast is one of my most favorite parts of Franchise pre-Ngen consoles. But its impossible for it to happen.

And to clear up my WR story. I basically run a pass-only offense in franchise lol. Tom Brady dropped 73 TD's and 5700yards. Which meant that my slot 77OVR WR got 24 TD's and 1500 yards. And yes this is All-madden.

I agree with the person above me. That physical skills should not change. However things like tackling/awareness/route running/blocking/catching/ect. should change.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #29
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch0ne
What? Im not a troll. Progression is IMO the most important part of my franchise. Watching a young 80OVR OLB grow into a 94 OVR pro-bowl beast is one of my most favorite parts of Franchise pre-Ngen consoles. But its impossible for it to happen.

And to clear up my WR story. I basically run a pass-only offense in franchise lol. Tom Brady dropped 73 TD's and 5700yards. Which meant that my slot 77OVR WR got 24 TD's and 1500 yards. And yes this is All-madden.

I agree with the person above me. That physical skills should not change. However things like tackling/awareness/route running/blocking/catching/ect. should change.
You may not be a troll, per se, but you are covered in velveeta.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:14 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch0ne
That Franchise probably didn't have much of a life beyond a couple seasons...

Those kinds of numbers are silly, all-madden or rookie...it doesn't matter.

I would say a progression cap would be a good thing if it were implemented in the right way.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:50 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 6

Potential Rating is the way to go. I hope they convert to that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 7

What I can't stand is that older players never lose any raitings tom brady was 37 on my francise and he was still 99.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »