Home

Any ideas on how to . . . .

This is a discussion on Any ideas on how to . . . . within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Any ideas on how to . . . .

. . . get more yards, more plays, and the same amount of points with 5 minute quaters or is there no other option but to increase the time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: Any ideas on how to . . . .

Memorise your play books so you can choose your plays quickly
Snap the ball almost instantly so the play clock doesnt run down
Old 02-27-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

i increased the time to 7 mins
seems to work pretty well i do miss playin only 5 min qtrs though
Old 02-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Any ideas on how to . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiy360
. . . get more yards, more plays, and the same amount of points with 5 minute quaters or is there no other option but to increase the time?

more yards + more plays=same points? you just asked how to make your offense less efficient?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 02-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
more yards + more plays=same points? you just asked how to make your offense less efficient?

What he could have been thinking was having a drive start at the 10 yard line and stall out and kick a field goal. or it could be kinda funny as you pointed it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide

Eh, kinda like it is in real life.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:13 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

One of the big problems here is the number of big plays in madden. For instance who in here averages less than one interception per game per team? The NFL average last year was .908 interceptions per game per team or 1.816 total interceptions per game for both teams. The most interceptions any defense averaged per game was 1.625 yet I rarely pick off less than 2 passes in a game and you add to this interceptions that I throw and it is way more than 1.816. This leads to shortened fields and therefore more points with less yards.

NFL teams last year also averaged around .64 fumbles lost per game meaning that each game had only an average of 1.28 fumbles lost for both teams. This year I haven't had too many fumble problems but I still get a takeaway off of a fumble most every game and lose one pretty often as well.

I don't know the averages for kick and punt returning yards or number of kicks and punts that don't get returned but I think getting good yardage off of punt returns is to easy. I don't necessarily mean returns for TDs but picking up 20 or 30 yards seems to happen almost all the time again shortening the field.

Punting from the 35 or 40 is another thing. The CPU puts all of these punts into the endzone where in real life a lot of these the punter will kick the ball at a higher angle or not kick it as hard or whatever so the coverage team can get down the field and keep the ball out of the endzone. I know that is only 15 or 20 yards of field position but still it shortens the field and decreases the chances of a drive stalling out.

Goalline plays are also too successful reducing the number of redzone stops meaning more TDs and less FGs.

I don't know how to fix any of these things but they are the cause of the problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »