Home

Team Chemistry Rating.

This is a discussion on Team Chemistry Rating. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
Rookie

phootball's Arena

OVR: 3
Team Chemistry Rating.

Is there some sort of a team chemistry rating in Madden? I'm talking about some sort of a rating system that affects overall player skill based on how many games those players have played together.

I haven't played madden in years and have been reading about all the new stuff about Madden 10 and wondered whether this already exists, and if not whether it would be something useful to add to the new game.

I have re-started playing NFL 2k5 in franchise with some friends and I started adding all kinds of "stars" through trades, and promptly started beating everyone else as a direct result of my wheeling and dealing.

Then I started to think, how cool it would be if there were some sort of team chemistry rating that would improve, the longer my players played together. In my current franchise for example, I wouldn't be as successful, having signed a bunch of new players from various teams a la Dan Snyder and the Redskins.

I think this feature was/is present in WE/PES soccer series. Anyway, maybe its already there, I was just curious.

peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Team Chemistry Rating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phootball
Is there some sort of a team chemistry rating in Madden? I'm talking about some sort of a rating system that affects overall player skill based on how many games those players have played together.

I haven't played madden in years and have been reading about all the new stuff about Madden 10 and wondered whether this already exists, and if not whether it would be something useful to add to the new game.

I have re-started playing NFL 2k5 in franchise with some friends and I started adding all kinds of "stars" through trades, and promptly started beating everyone else as a direct result of my wheeling and dealing.

Then I started to think, how cool it would be if there were some sort of team chemistry rating that would improve, the longer my players played together. In my current franchise for example, I wouldn't be as successful, having signed a bunch of new players from various teams a la Dan Snyder and the Redskins.

I think this feature was/is present in WE/PES soccer series. Anyway, maybe its already there, I was just curious.

peace
I would like this idea. I know a lot of 2K basketball games have done this pretty well and NBA live has tried things like this but I didn't like theirs as well.

However, unlike basketball games where there is one chemistry for the whole team I think several separate chemistries would work best here. Maybe an overall for offense, defense, and special teams but then a separate one for O-Line, D-line, LBs, DBs, QB to receivers, QB to line, RBs to line all of which would have a direct impact on that groups performance. For instance the giants line, they have been playing together a while now and have good enough chemistry that regardless what happens to the rest of the team they will be good together.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:40 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

i've considered this idea in recent weeks (having seen it used in FIFA) and actually think it will be in this years game... it just seems like something ian et al might be into (i wouldn't be suprised if this is in a blog from ian sometime soon).

I also think it will help them with the teams ratings... by this i mean- you know how everyone hates that a teams "play now" rating is entirely subjective to the thoughts of someone or some-many at EA rather than the average of the players in the team.......
..............and yet equally we hate how the cowboys are rated as a 93+ (?? that was a guess, i can't remember the exact rating) in franchise mode despite the fact that they're inconsistency (in real life) is entirely down to their teamwork and chemistry.

this team chemistry paradigm could be useful in regards to both "play now" and "franchise" team ratings:

play now

Assuming that in madden 10 the "play now" rating is actually based on the average of the teams player ratings, the cowboys might be a 93 for example, however this score would be reduced by the fact that their team chemistry is a 65 (random number, no insult intended) and thus reducing their actually team rating (93+65/2= 79 team rating--- average of the 2 ratings)... whereas the dolphins might only have a 80 average player rating but a 88 team chemistry (80+88/2 = 84 team rating)...

Franchise mode

Using the same paradigm as the last paragraph but add depth to it... as the op stated maybe the team chemistry rating could be affected (reduced) by new players coming in or possibly new coordinators/head coach... and increased by consistency in selection and winning games.
This team chemistry rating would be a factor in a FA wanting to sign for you in the offseason... so if you win games in the reg season and then make playoffs (team chem boost), win a playoff game (bigger team chem boost)... a player will want to sign for you over a less successful franchise... ie- nobody wants to go to the lions right now... but the dolphins just signed a few FA cos of last season (only a year off of being 1-15).

just an idea... but i see no reason for it not to be implemented.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

^^^As a Cowboys die hard...I object to this hearsay & slander of our good and decent name...lol
Old 02-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #5
Rookie

phootball's Arena

OVR: 3

I like the idea of separating the chemistry ratings of various groups (o-oline, d-backs, qbs and receivers, etc.) I think that makes so much sense.

In the case of the Cowboys (Not piling on, I'm Cowboys fan too) maybe an overall team chemistry would be appropriate as well.

I'm interested to see if anything like this is in the works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
^^^As a Cowboys die hard...I object to this hearsay & slander of our good and decent name...lol
I have a much better idea for the cowboys. Start them off with an overall team rating of like 90 or so but program the game to as soon as you ps3 or xbox 360s programmed date hits like mid December their overall team rating and corresponding player ratings all drop like 30 points of so.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I like this idea, could really help out the teams that maybe don't appear that good in madden but are good in reality. I also think they need to get rid of the whole weapon ratings for players. I mean really do they need to have 4 or 5 different categories for each position. I think they should get rid of the player weapons and do some kind of bonus rating for being in the right system. For example a wide out who has really good route running and catch ability would get a bonus for being in a west coast offense which focus on the short passing or a player like Frank Gore would get an extra bonus because hes on the 49ers who with Singletery are more hard run the ball. Kind of like when you look at the rosers and see a player on your team with maybe an 83 overal rating but when you go to the depth chart he's an 85 overal. I think they should let the ratings alone effect how players play and not allow users to take advantage of players having a **** load of weapons at their arsenal.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:03 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 37

I like the idea but I just don't see it happening...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »