Home

Appropriate Thread Etiquette: Lets Stop Gangstering the Devs

This is a discussion on Appropriate Thread Etiquette: Lets Stop Gangstering the Devs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2009, 06:45 AM   #25
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Appropriate Thread Etiquette: Lets Stop Gangstering the Devs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
The proof is in the pudding..Do a lil research and tell me how many EA devs have responded to the following threads.:

Exhibit 1
IAN FIX THE PLAY SELECTION!!!! ( 1 2)
Ian, don't overlook the Chiefs in Madden 10
Ian, can I have my half a yard back?
Ian- player photo/create player option. ( 1 2 3)
Ian will there be differentiating animations for these new ratings?
Hey Ian the Madden IQ... ( 1 2)
Ian can you PLEASE concentrate on Agility and Acceleration ( 1 2 3 4)
Ian, worth a look. ( 1 2)
IAN, quick suggestion on Power Running

I'll save you the time...NONE...Is that by Coincidence???..or by design???...hmmm...some of those are some good topics too..For the record in 8 pages of threads I saw two threads entitled "Ian" that received a response. Remove Ian's name on any one of those threads and they are great threads

Honestly..I could careless what you post BUT if you want to get the attention of the EA dev's the WORST way to do it is make some thread that starts with their name. Now just think for a moment if every person posting a thread used the approach of calling out Ian or Phil???...That would be pretty silly, right?

Its not criticism..Its advice on how to get an idea heard and a response. Those types of threads make the people creating them look somewhat immature and selfish and quite frankly like a TOOL if they continue to use that method to communicate. If you want to speak to someone SPECIFICALLY..Then PM them. Thats what the PM feature is all about...EA Devs are only responding to issues that speak to the masses. So if a thread gets no love..Its probably not speaking to a wide range of the OS population or the EA dev's. Yelling Ian's or Phil's name on the thread is not gonna get your thread anymore attention...In fact it will have the opposite effect as I have already proven to you.

So...in closing...Instead of getting defensive with the "I'll post what I want attitude"...Take the advice and run with it fellas...The mods don't have time to babysit us. They are not paid..They trust that we will make good common sense decisions on how to communicate with each other and game developers who are kind enough to spend time reaching out to this community. I'm simply saying lets not abuse it...I don't think Ian wants to hit the forum and see 15 threads directed at him with his name on them...NOT COOL
I have communicated with both Ian and Phil through Private Message several times and always got a response. The reason I chose to post this time is because I also wanted the members of this forum to see the thread. They may not all be Chiefs fans and may not be aware of the changes taking place in K.C. Also just because Ian or Phil do not respond to a thread, it does not mean they have not seen it and made a note of it.

I'm done with this thread but I totally disagree with your thinking that using Ian or Phils name in the title of a thread is the worst way to get their attention. I'd say it's the best way. If I came to the Madden forums and there was a thread titled "JMD take a look at this" that would get my immediate attention.

They have asked for our input and we are giving it to them. Not every post deserves a response but I'd be willing to bet they read them all.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »