Home

Appropriate Thread Etiquette: Lets Stop Gangstering the Devs

This is a discussion on Appropriate Thread Etiquette: Lets Stop Gangstering the Devs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
Appropriate Thread Etiquette: Lets Stop Gangstering the Devs

Any thread that starts with the word "IAN" or "Ian" should simply be deleted...If you really need to get at Ian hit him on a PM...Otherwise starting a post with his name or any other Dev's name is the equivalent of that annoying kid we all know who puts his hand up in class and grunts "oooo...ooo.ooo..pick me...pick me...ooo...ooo"

Exhibit 1
IAN FIX THE PLAY SELECTION!!!! ( 1 2)
Ian, don't overlook the Chiefs in Madden 10
Ian, can I have my half a yard back?
Ian- player photo/create player option. ( 1 2 3)

Those are just a few...My advice is put your thoughts in a well written thread or post and you won't have to specifically beg for the attention it will NATURALLY receive if its relevant. When I start a thread or post something I 1st and foremost want the feedback of my peers. If the EA crew responds and believes the topic is RELEVANT..Then cool. Do I want them to respond???...hell yeah I do but I will not scream their name or put their name on the thread...Just inappropriate IMO.

Mods...can we kill all the threads where these dudes are trying gangster Ian and crew into responding or at least have people stop directing these threads right at them. I know the threads are well intended but..just not cool IMO. Their threads are no more important than 98% of the other threads that do not call out Ian and Phil....Just a thought...Have a nice day my OS brethern

Last edited by dat swag; 02-28-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Appropriate Thread Etiquette: Lets Stop Gangstering the Devs

Lol @ gangstering

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 02-28-2009, 10:11 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Lol @ gangstering
feel me?...lol..Thats kinda what it is...How can Ian or Phil ignore that nonsense..They are nice dudes trying to please us and thats how we do...Straight up Gangstering their kindness
Old 02-28-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

I agree with this thread. Folks need to chill and appreciate. Also stop leaving threats like if it doesn't get fixed you lost another customer BS.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #5
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
Those are just a few...My advice is put your thoughts in a well written thread or post and you won't have to specifically beg for the attention it will NATURALLY receive if its relevant. When I start a thread or post something I 1st and foremost want the feedback of my peers. If the EA crew responds and believes the topic is RELEVANT..Then cool. Do I want them to respond???...hell yeah I do but I will not scream their name or put their name on the thread...Just inappropriate IMO.

Mods...can we kill all the threads where these dudes are trying gangster Ian and crew into responding or at least have people stop directing these threads right at them. I know the threads are well intended but..just not cool IMO. Their threads are no more important than 98% of the other threads that do not call out Ian and Phil....Just a thought...Have a nice day my OS brethern
Lol, wait a minute. Aren't you the author of these quotes:

Quote:
Lets try to keep it at the forefront then...The Squeaky wheel always gets the most OIL
Quote:
Now back 2 da thread...Can we get some feedback on this???
Quote:
Where is our feedback?
And that's all from one thread. I understand your point; I just don't know how fair it is for you criticize others for doing the same thing you were doing up until Ian responded to that pre-play animations thread.

However, the keyword in this current thread title is "Let's," so as long as you're including yourself, then it's all good .

Last edited by RGiles36; 02-28-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Lol, wait a minute. Aren't you the author of these quotes:

And that's all from one thread. I understand your point; I just don't know how fair it is for you criticize others for doing the same thing you were doing up until Ian responded to that pre-play animations thread.

However, the keyword in this current thread title is "Let's," so as long as you're including yourself, then it's all good .
Yessir..But all within a thread that does not call out a DEV by name..In fact the thread I started received 100% positive feedback from our peers which IMO is more important than anything else...

My point is I'm not yelling out a name of a Dev on the Thread or posting other Dev's names. IMO..If you create a RELEVANT thread...THEY WILL COME...Thats been my experience.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #7
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28

I've been saying this for months. WTF is wrong with a PM. If the thread starts with "Ian," Or "Phil," OR "Ian or/and Phil," then you can just PM them the damn question.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:08 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowdown2shadi
I've been saying this for months. WTF is wrong with a PM. If the thread starts with "Ian," Or "Phil," OR "Ian or/and Phil," then you can just PM them the damn question.
What's going on is that most of the threads that are yelling Phil or Ian's names are lacking in relevant content or ideas that really speak to the core values of the game so instead of just posting a thread and letting the people decide the thread relevance some selfish knuckleheads have figured out "If I scream Ian's or Phils name...they gotta see it and answer me"

I dunno..I don't dig it..I think its tacky...I'll be the first to admit that I've posted in a thread I like just to keep it in the forefront because I know there have gotta be some dudes like me who don't check in daily or review every post that gets bumped off the first page..personally if its a damn good thread I want someone to bump it so I don't have to go through 4 pages of fools starting their thread of with Phil and Ian's name.

I'll say it again...If the thread is truly relevant to the masses it will receive a response from our peers and trust me that the EA people will take notice as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »