Home

Madden 2010- The Little Things.....

This is a discussion on Madden 2010- The Little Things..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #9
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Madden 2010- The Little Things.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
This will be the year where we can make our own thread called the little things for Madden 10. Bet the house on it.
Are you sure? How bout a little bet(worth nothing).

I am going to sig that. Im marking your words. Lets make sure your right

Last edited by bowdown2shadi; 03-01-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:28 PM   #10
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan_1
Yeah those little things really do bring a lot to the game to seperate it from the crowd but I still think its the big things that matter most. By big things, I mean the actual gameplay and how your represent it.

I recently bought a ps3 based on user reviews and those little things from videos like what were in that video. However, just like with madden and its QB snapping the ball with 30 secs left on the playclock, and being forced to shorten the quarters to 10 mins to get a realistic play, If the Show 09 were to make you play 5 inning games or if every other batter hits a homerun, it will go straight in the trash and never be bought again. No matter how good the little things are.

Hopefully I won't have to worry about that anymore. Remember " …well it means that we have one goal, and that is to make an NFL football game that is as true to life as possible." When they get that right, then the little things start to stand out.

I do think that Baseball is an easier platform to do all the little things with though. It just presents more situations. A football game has less oportunities. Like you run a play and then your looking at play diagrams to select your next play. Not much of an opportunity to show off. Where in baseball there is no time limit between pitches/plays so you can show anything you want.

So I think the key will be how well Madden can take advantage of the opportunities and what it does with them. Like replays, and commentary are a good chance to do some things. During timeouts, the moments after the play.... that kind of stuff.

But If they really want to sell games, IMO the best thing they could do is be sure to allow cpu vs cpu games and just make their promotional videos off them. They could do so much more inbetween plays when the player is not looking at a play call screen. REally make it like your watching tv. throwing up player stats, talking about key players performances, showing guys running on and off the field, showing an argument on the sideline, things that just couldn't be shown or wouldn't get noticed when your looking at a bunch of plays on the screen. This is what will will be shown over and over on website reviews. IGN, gamespot....
Quoted for truth.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I didn't know where to post this and didn't feel it deserved it's own thread. Since it is a little thing, I decided to post it here.

I find it SO annoying that when you scroll through the Free Agent list and you find the guy you want to sign, if you didn't already have the desired team selected, you then have to then scroll through all 32 teams to get to the team you want and THEN for some reason it always goes back to the very top of the list of Free Agents and you have to scroll back down to the guy you want. It does that every time you switch the team. Why not just not even have a list of teams and once you click on a Free Agent, have a "Assign to Team" option and THEN choose which team you want to sign him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Speaking of little things... I would like to see the return of CUT SCENES. I want to see people in the stands, players on the sidelines, pregame warm-ups, etc. Bring the atmosphere back to the game!
Yep, that's a big one for me too.

Random cut scenes after a play is whistle dead adds so much emotion and immersion into to the game. Instead of the players walking around like zombies back to the huddle the camera should immediately cut to a cut scene where many types of scenario could play out based on the previous play. Some examples...

After a 3rd and long conversion - cut to sideline with defense/coaches/staff etc going crazy, whooping and hollering and high fiving eachother, then cut to scene where player to get the first down gets congratulated by this teamamtes as they run back to the huddle.

After a sack on 3rd down - player to get sack goes crazy and his teamates rush him and join in his celebration.

After a touchdown to take the lead in the last minute - cut to fans in the stadium high fiving eachother and cheering their team on

Interception - QB sinks to his knees and punches the ground or you see him on the sideline arguing with the coaches about why it went wrong

Tackle for loss - tackler pumps his chest and gets the crowd going

Last second field goal try - GOOD! Whole team rushes and jumps on top of the kicker.

There are so many scenes that could be put in and based on the current game situation they could get more and more emotional as the game progressed.

I know it's a massive effort to do this but it would add so much to both the presentation and immersion of the game. One of the biggest complaints of the game for me is that it does nothing to capture the excitment of the NFL and that the players have no individual identity on the field.

Having all sorts of different cutscenes and reactions in the game would go a long, long way to bringing the raw emotion that top flight sport creates and would ultimately get you drawn into the game, caring about how things played out.

It would be wonderful to tackle a player short of the endzone on the last play of the game as you were winning 27-21 and see all of your players and staff along with crowd, going crazy, as you wallow in the glory.

As opposed to how it is now; whistle, game over, do you want to improve your Madden IQ?...oh, er...fine, that's it then...I wonder what's for dinner?
Old 03-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
Yep, that's a big one for me too.

Random cut scenes after a play is whistle dead adds so much emotion and immersion into to the game. Instead of the players walking around like zombies back to the huddle the camera should immediately cut to a cut scene where many types of scenario could play out based on the previous play. Some examples...

After a 3rd and long conversion - cut to sideline with defense/coaches/staff etc going crazy, whooping and hollering and high fiving eachother, then cut to scene where player to get the first down gets congratulated by this teamamtes as they run back to the huddle.

After a sack on 3rd down - player to get sack goes crazy and his teamates rush him and join in his celebration.

After a touchdown to take the lead in the last minute - cut to fans in the stadium high fiving eachother and cheering their team on

Interception - QB sinks to his knees and punches the ground or you see him on the sideline arguing with the coaches about why it went wrong

Tackle for loss - tackler pumps his chest and gets the crowd going

Last second field goal try - GOOD! Whole team rushes and jumps on top of the kicker.

There are so many scenes that could be put in and based on the current game situation they could get more and more emotional as the game progressed.

I know it's a massive effort to do this but it would add so much to both the presentation and immersion of the game. One of the biggest complaints of the game for me is that it does nothing to capture the excitment of the NFL and that the players have no individual identity on the field.

Having all sorts of different cutscenes and reactions in the game would go a long, long way to bringing the raw emotion that top flight sport creates and would ultimately get you drawn into the game, caring about how things played out.

It would be wonderful to tackle a player short of the endzone on the last play of the game as you were winning 27-21 and see all of your players and staff along with crowd, going crazy, as you wallow in the glory.

As opposed to how it is now; whistle, game over, do you want to improve your Madden IQ?...oh, er...fine, that's it then...I wonder what's for dinner?
Would simply LOVE to see any or all of those implemented into the system... even just a simple touchdown pass to the tightend, it would be great to see the quarterback running off the field pointing at him while Collinsworth speaks about the effectiveness of the TE in this given team's passing offense.

Arguments and/or controversy = entertainment.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #14
Ay Dios Mio!!!

Dorado45's Arena

OVR: 16

Makes Me Want To Go Blow $500 For Both The Game And The PS3
NCAA Team: Texas Longhorns

Your one stop shop for Hi-Res Covers & Hi-Res Cuts
Old 03-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

The Reason you have a game like "MLB the Show" is twofold: (1) Competiton - Even though its only with regards to the PS3, the fact that there is another game choice for PS3 users, gives the devs at SCEA a reason to try to improve and put out the best product possible every year & (2) Understanding System Architecture - The Game is tight because the devs know the system they are programming for inside out, and even though the devs at madden have four systems to program for its been long enough that they should have it down pat by now. needless to say, MLB the Show is the pinnacle of sports gaming period, and if I was a dev and i looked at this game I would ask my team everyday "Why isn't our game like that . . .?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #16
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Wow my first thought EA....TAKE NOTES....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »