Home

Replay feature must go!

This is a discussion on Replay feature must go! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Replay feature must go!

Here is a little tidbit that might be of interest to presentation guys...

If you keep Rewind on, the rewind overlay pops up and for some reason the camera does more post-play closeups. More to the point that you'll notice the increase. You'll see a lot of field-level back-to-the-huddle shots as well. Strange how that works, but it does.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:01 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 18
Re: Replay feature must go!

Im not sure if the OP is talking about instant replays, rewind, or backtrack. I think replays and backtrack should be kept in a enhanced for Madden 10. To say this is not like real football is like saying turning off the commentary is more realistic. Replays and analysis happen after nearly every big play in the NFL. These slo-mo closeups, editorial comments and atmosphere are pivotal to showcasing a "true" NFL broadcast experience within the game.

Respectfully I dissagree with this poster and emplore EA to work to make replays and backtrack even more dynamic and authentic in Madden 10. Unless we're talking about Rewind - in which case i COMPLETELY agree. Get rid of it. Its not realistic and does not add to the "sim" Mantra the developers are talking about. I want my games to look and feel like they do every Sunday on the big networks. Perhaps the solution is to have an option to have Instant Replays/Backtrack "Off/Infrequent/Frequent/Very Frequent" to taylor the presentation to our liking?

Last edited by johnprestonevans; 03-03-2009 at 08:05 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »