Home

Ian-Player Models

This is a discussion on Ian-Player Models within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2009, 01:50 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 49
Ian-Player Models

Ian,
Ive read some awesome ideas from others, and my request is looking at player models. Madden still hasnt captured the correct look per position, and it ruins the game for me. We need some slender reciever models/DB's/Qb's. Also please take a look at the players arms length. There are times when they almost look to long or something. Almost like apes. There not way to long, but maybe its a combo of length and size that gives off the appearance.

I really like some of your new animations in your latest blog, and I feel some tweaked player models will accent those animations nicely, as well as offer better gameplay feel.

Thanks for listening to my request, and keep up the hard work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 01:54 AM   #2
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Ian-Player Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
Ian,
Ive read some awesome ideas from others, and my request is looking at player models. Madden still hasnt captured the correct look per position, and it ruins the game for me. We need some slender reciever models/DB's/Qb's. Also please take a look at the players arms length. There are times when they almost look to long or something. Almost like apes. There not way to long, but maybe its a combo of length and size that gives off the appearance.

I really like some of your new animations in your latest blog, and I feel some tweaked player models will accent those animations nicely, as well as offer better gameplay feel.

Thanks for listening to my request, and keep up the hard work!
I'd settle for a complete player editor. That saves them the time of having to get everything right, and gives me the ability to make the players look the way I think they should.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:05 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 49

That would be great if it was a great editor that offered various body types that looked more real. As of now, everyone has that same muscle looking format, no matter what there size. Even if you make them skinny, they still have buldging muscles on various points, that make it look terrible to me.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:44 AM   #4
Rookie

mAiLmAn 502's Arena

OVR: 6

dude theyre trying to fix the whole game, and we are seriously going to ask for player models?!?!?!? come on this is what we DONT want, more sugar coating and less meat. the models are good enough, now the game is attempting to re create itself as a complete sim. be happy
Old 03-03-2009, 05:35 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 15

Whilst Wheelman is correct IMO I also feel that Mailman has a good point.

The big priority this year is GAMPLAY GAMEPLAY GAMEPLAY.

Let Ian and co spend all year developing that. IF that get's fixed then I can live with some of the akward player models until another year's version.

At the moment we should be championing Ian's cause to rectify all these small gameplay fixes (as he is doing) and then start asking for player model perfection.

The way that the team is rolling this year though it wouldn't surprise me if they were making strides in the player model department anyway, Ian has already said that Madden 10 will see a huge graphical upgrade. I wonder what he means?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden28
Whilst Wheelman is correct IMO I also feel that Mailman has a good point.

The big priority this year is GAMPLAY GAMEPLAY GAMEPLAY.

Let Ian and co spend all year developing that. IF that get's fixed then I can live with some of the akward player models until another year's version.

At the moment we should be championing Ian's cause to rectify all these small gameplay fixes (as he is doing) and then start asking for player model perfection.

The way that the team is rolling this year though it wouldn't surprise me if they were making strides in the player model department anyway, Ian has already said that Madden 10 will see a huge graphical upgrade. I wonder what he means?
Agreed. In this global financial crisis, we should fire the artwork desginers, the playbook designer, the audio designer, heck everyone who doesn't work on gameplay!!!

Ea would save money, and they'd only focus on gameplay!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #7
Madden NFL Art Director

OVR: 21

Hey Guys,

I have kids to feed, let's chill on the we don't care about art talk

We have plans to edit every player in the game to get the body and gear right. Some of the early results are incredible.

As for the talk of the editor even if we had a great editor, we would still want to put efforts into shipping a game that is accurate for those that don't have the time and or the eye to edit everything.

-MikeY
Old 03-03-2009, 08:46 AM   #8
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Young_EA
Hey Guys,

I have kids to feed, let's chill on the we don't care about art talk

We have plans to edit every player in the game to get the body and gear right. Some of the early results are incredible.

As for the talk of the editor even if we had a great editor, we would still want to put efforts into shipping a game that is accurate for those that don't have the time and or the eye to edit everything.

-MikeY
Hey Mike,

Is there any plans to adjust the shoulder pads? I always thought they were too long (at times) or bulky?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »