Home

Big Offensive sets vs. Nickel-Dime Defenses

This is a discussion on Big Offensive sets vs. Nickel-Dime Defenses within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #25
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Big Offensive sets vs. Nickel-Dime Defenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
08 DE contain glitch.

ha ha

i thought 2k5 had a similar glitch too

dime/prevent D getting sacks left & right

"awkward"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
A lot of teams will use the nickel as their base, but using a dime as a base is dumb. I believe going 1 up or 1 down is ok, say for instance, the offense chooses 2 WR and you choose a Nickel or they choose 3 WR and you choose Dime or 4-3. But I do notice some guys will run Dime and Quarter as their base and sometimes you won't be able to pound the ball against them, because they will run their DT in circles around blockers.

I don't think this is a huge deal, but they should probably look more into rewarding users who match up better based on personnel, rather than putting as much as speed out there as possible.
I agree with this completely... there have been too many times I have been online playing someone as the Cowboys and the contunously pick a Dime or Quarter package and the user will select Pacman Jones and simply burn my guards on the outside... I was able to somewhat counter this by using a 2 TE set and sending the 2nd TE in motion to the blitzing side and scrambling to the weak side.

But this should be analyzed... seems in Head Coach the same is "thought" to be true... I will check the success rate of many plays and they want me to use a quarter man defense with 2 deep to counter the 1st and 10 or say 2nd and like 4...
Old 03-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #27
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogocutler06
I agree with this completely... there have been too many times I have been online playing someone as the Cowboys and the contunously pick a Dime or Quarter package and the user will select Pacman Jones and simply burn my guards on the outside... I was able to somewhat counter this by using a 2 TE set and sending the 2nd TE in motion to the blitzing side and scrambling to the weak side.

But this should be analyzed... seems in Head Coach the same is "thought" to be true... I will check the success rate of many plays and they want me to use a quarter man defense with 2 deep to counter the 1st and 10 or say 2nd and like 4...
The problem goes back to poor AI and lack of distinction in STR/WEIGHT of players.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX CASCABEL Xx
Ian has stated before, ''what you see on Sunday you will see in Madden 2010'', that should answer your question.
Some people sure take a whole lot of meaning from one line. I personally would much rather have a dev actually clarify the solving of a problem rather than thinking that just due to some one line motto everything will be fixed. I mean that is kinda like saying that EA sport's motto is "if it's in the game, it's in the game" so without asking any further questions you should know all of their games will be perfect.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 25

Great thread, great thread!

This is a big reason why I can't play this game for any extended period of time. Nothing works the way it should.

Certain defensive formations are meant to stop certain things. For players who really know football, it just highly upsetting to have your defense give up plays that you are playcalling to stop over, and over.

I'd like to see more defensive sets from the 46, and Bear.

Like most of you, I want the defensive sets to effective at stopping what they are designed to stop.

+1
Old 03-09-2009, 02:26 PM   #30
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

If they fix it, i hope they do it the right way. Not with some ratings boosts or anything. I'd be willing to wait to get it fixed the proper way, through blocking and other factors that make it work in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »