Home

IAN- Draft Question

This is a discussion on IAN- Draft Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2009, 12:26 AM   #1
MattUMD224

OVR:
IAN- Draft Question

this is not a big deal or anything, but i was wondering how much effort or how long would it take for this to happen

players that get imported to Madden from NCAA are coming in at high age levels from like 23,24. With that rookies you draft in a given year will be the same age of players who have been in the league for 3 years

Example i just drafted Matthew Stafford in my franchise and he's 24 right now as a rookie when he's 21 in real life, thats 3 extra years of playing and 3 longer years to age so he will stay in the game longer

Players are only in the game for like 8-9 years before they retire when they should be 12-13 years given on their POS and injuries

is this a programming issue or are you all able to fix this, i know its a minor thing and gameplay is much more important and i love what you all are doing but i know this issue bugs me and some other posters around here

Last edited by MattUMD224; 03-04-2009 at 12:34 AM.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 12:56 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 26
Re: IAN- Draft Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
this is not a big deal or anything, but i was wondering how much effort or how long would it take for this to happen

players that get imported to Madden from NCAA are coming in at high age levels from like 23,24. With that rookies you draft in a given year will be the same age of players who have been in the league for 3 years

Example i just drafted Matthew Stafford in my franchise and he's 24 right now as a rookie when he's 21 in real life, thats 3 extra years of playing and 3 longer years to age so he will stay in the game longer

Players are only in the game for like 8-9 years before they retire when they should be 12-13 years given on their POS and injuries

is this a programming issue or are you all able to fix this, i know its a minor thing and gameplay is much more important and i love what you all are doing but i know this issue bugs me and some other posters around here
Good pick up. I would like to see a junior come out at 20/21. Maybe they should just take their date of birth from NCAA and transfer it to madden. Their are some players who are 26-28 who enter the draft(mainly kickers/punters)

The average life span of a player in the NFL is truely about 4-5 years. I remember talking with my teacher about it 2 years ago. I dont know if that number is still true but its rare for a player to play for 12-14 years.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:27 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Good pick up. I would like to see a junior come out at 20/21. Maybe they should just take their date of birth from NCAA and transfer it to madden. Their are some players who are 26-28 who enter the draft(mainly kickers/punters)

The average life span of a player in the NFL is truely about 4-5 years. I remember talking with my teacher about it 2 years ago. I dont know if that number is still true but its rare for a player to play for 12-14 years.
Not really rare to hit 12 or 14. Qbs do it somewhat often. Kickers and punters as long as they keep doing what they need to and keep their jobs will. Olinemen can get up there every now and then as can the occasionally LB, TE, or even DB or receiver. Also, the average 4-5 is hugely effected by running backs who I have read average something like 3 years. Also all the players who after a year or 2 it becomes apparent they can't make it really effect that number.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:31 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224

Good catch. I will look into this tomorrow with one of our devs. I think this is a real easy one to fix. Unfortunately, I don't think we can hook it up to their class from NCAA - that would be the best way to do this.

So we will just have the majority of the NCAA import guys come in at 22-23 years of age. Then some at 21, then a very few 20's and 24's. And any BYU players at 26.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
MattUMD224

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Good catch. I will look into this tomorrow with one of our devs. I think this is a real easy one to fix. Unfortunately, I don't think we can hook it up to their class from NCAA - that would be the best way to do this.

So we will just have the majority of the NCAA import guys come in at 22-23 years of age. Then some at 21, then a very few 20's and 24's. And any BYU players at 26.
thanks let us know

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 06:24 AM   #6
Rookie

c dizzy m baby's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
And any BYU players at 26.
What about the occasional Chris Weinkie too? I dont remember if it says their age before you draft them or not but how funny would it be to draft a Heisman winner that is supposed to be the face of your franchise and when he gets there you find out he pulled a Miguel Tejada and is 28
Old 03-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

Maybe 1% should be 24 years old. In fact you should just leave out 24 and above, really you can leave out 20 year old players too, because there has only been like 5 or so I believe.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:54 PM   #8
MattUMD224

OVR:

any update on this Ian

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »