Home

Need your opinions on Run Commit / Pass Commit feature

This is a discussion on Need your opinions on Run Commit / Pass Commit feature within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What should the Madden design team do with the Run Commit / Pass Commit feature?
Remove the mechanic completely (or make it automatic) 131 35.22%
Move it out of gameplay (to pre-play or play-call) 194 52.15%
Keep it as is 47 12.63%
Voters: 372. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Need your opinions on Run Commit / Pass Commit feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
trash it brah not alotta ppl use it anyway....if ppl wanna stop the run they crowd the line especially the middle....but bring back the jump snap button tho it helps the game alot....keeps ppl honest

NNNNo0o0o00o0o0o0oo00o0o0o0oo0o00o0o JUMP SNAP!!!!!!!!

I SWEAR IF JUMP SNAP IS IN MADDEN 10 I WILL NOT BUY IT!!!!!

IT WILL JUST BE ANOTHER GLITCH AND A NON IMPORTANT FACTOR!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #42
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

I would say move it to pre-play. Here's my reason. Online, some people will run PA extensively even in obvious passing situations. Ideally, the AI should be able to deal with this, but traditionally, it hasn't. So I do think you should be able to do it in some way, so that I don't have to watch people run 50 PA passes a game and my defense continue to bite on it, but I also think that it's unrealistic to have it be done the way that it is now.

If you could guarantee that the AI would be intelligent enough to not bite on play action when it's 3rd and 11, then I could be convinced that it should be taken out of the game altogether.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 9

I think people are confusing pre play with play calling. Pre play to me means after you pick your play but before the ball is snapped. Ian should clear this up.

I think it should be an option BEFORE the ball is snapped, ie pre play. The same way you would call a defensive playmaker you should be able to prepare the defense for a run or the pass. For the people that say it's not "sim" to let the user control this...how is it any less sim than using a defensive playmaker where you're changing a play on the fly? By that logic you should not have the control of adjusting individual players either. You're saying the AI should adjust an individual's coverage based on their awareness as well?? Is that what you want?

Leave it in but make it pre play.

Last edited by NYyankz225; 03-04-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin4QB
NNNNo0o0o00o0o0o0oo00o0o0o0oo0o00o0o JUMP SNAP!!!!!!!!

I SWEAR IF JUMP SNAP IS IN MADDEN 10 I WILL NOT BUY IT!!!!!

IT WILL JUST BE ANOTHER GLITCH AND A NON IMPORTANT FACTOR!!!
I agree. Jump the Snap was the single worst addition to Madden in history, worse than Superstar mode, worse than Ring Builder, nothing compares to the atrocity that was Jump the Snap.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

And some people say that it should be based on the player's awareness rating, which is a good point. However, I like the "user interaction" and do it myself because it's then based on the "user awarness" level. If you base it off the ratings, then a newbie can pick a team with good run defense and automatically stop my run game? Ratings can be tied into it and be used as a barometer on how well the commit work, but I don't want some random "Joe" online stopping my run game just because he picked a highly rated team with good defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #46
Rookie

phootball's Arena

OVR: 3

Can it be made automatic in such a way where the defense "leans" run or pass depending on what the offense is doing successfully?

Say a team is driving down the field on a given drive and cranking out 4, 7, 6, 12 yard runs, the defensive players should start "leaning" to stop the run. In that way, you can hit a nice play action pass when the run game is clicking since the defense is anticipating another run.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #47
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

I voted to keep it, but use it pre-play. It does come in handy when you KNOW whether your opponent is gonna pass or run. I also like the risk reward factor, but, as some of the others have posted, it's not realistic to do it after the snap and have the whole team aware of it.

EDIT: I don't understand why some people are saying remove it. It's not cheese when it's used, unlike lead blocker control, and you don't have to use it, so why have it removed? It's useful for those that like to use it and there is the risk/reward factor involved. So what's the problem?

Last edited by splff3000; 03-04-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 8

I'm not getting the people who say its all based on each individuals ratings. When the MLB calls "RUN" or "PASS", the defense reacts. Things get called out on the field all the time, its not like each guy is in a bubble. And how could you possibly call it pre-play, what happens when the offense audibles?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »