Home

Challenge: Incomplete Pass or Fumble?

This is a discussion on Challenge: Incomplete Pass or Fumble? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What do you believe should happen?
Fumble! Give Us More Challenge Options Please 25 96.15%
That Was an Incomplete Pass 1 3.85%
Keep The Same Challenge System 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
Challenge: Incomplete Pass or Fumble?

I thought after seeing this our challenge options should be expanded as some situations call for it. Maybe after they see this they can find a way to make this happen

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Challenge: Incomplete Pass or Fumble?

Why not an option for both?
Old 03-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 20

Although that was a fumble if that was originally called an incomplete pass for some reason (don't see how in real life a call that bad could be made unless for instance ed hochuli was reffing) but if that was initially caled a pass I don't think you can challenge that. This is due to calling it an incomplete pass rules the ball as dead and you can't challenge something that would continue a play beyond the point at which it had already been ruled dead.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I vote to remove all challenges from the game. This is a computer and the outcome can be correct everytime. No need for it. I know it happens on Sunday's though so it will stay in.

I just think it is a waste of time. You already know your going to win it so you just wait for the pretend ref to pretend like he is looking at it.

Since I doubt it would go away, I would at least like to see the CPU lose a challange that is more along the real nfl averages. No team gets it right 100%.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan_1
I vote to remove all challenges from the game. This is a computer and the outcome can be correct everytime. No need for it. I know it happens on Sunday's though so it will stay in.

I just think it is a waste of time. You already know your going to win it so you just wait for the pretend ref to pretend like he is looking at it.

Since I doubt it would go away, I would at least like to see the CPU lose a challange that is more along the real nfl averages. No team gets it right 100%.
Most of the time players can tell if it should be challanged or not. Its hard to make it hard for us because we have an amazing view of the game as its happening. Maybe they should change the type and amount of plays that are fumbles and such because most of the time just how the guy falls I could tell you if he fumbled or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #6
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

I wouldn't mind seeing it disappear from Online games but it adds another level of realism for regular games.

But I have been saying this for awhile, The Challenge system is broken and we need something better.

Last edited by Cusefan; 03-05-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:

Completetly disagree about the removal... if I am playing my brother per say in a heated game and the WR catches the ball clearly out of bounds and I challenge it... the play is reveresed and I just got a nice boost of momentum... yet on the other side of things... if I am playing my dog and he doesn't notice the QB just threw the ball out of bounds and yet I still received a first down for the completion I want my first down lol!!

I want to have my cake and eat it!!
Old 03-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Actually gogocutler06 you just pointed out to me at least, the only valid reason to keep it in. player vs player. I agree it does add value there.

I still think in single player or cpu vs cpu it is just flukey and doesn't add anything.

Still think that once you challenge a play, even if its in player vs player, just have an automatic result. No need to wait for the pretend ref review.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »