Home

Idea on QB sneak from Ians Twitter

This is a discussion on Idea on QB sneak from Ians Twitter within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #41
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Idea on QB sneak from Ians Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
No it won't because there are still no pile animations and not enough tackle animations that stop a player within inches.

Ian's solution is one that was discussed elsewhere in depth and pretty much everyone agreed that animation-based QB sneak was the only way to go.

In real football, a QB sneak simply is never run for 3+ yards intentionally. In EA football, that is the case. Anybody who is truly impacted by this decision is a flat out cheeser to begin with and simply upset that they can't run a gimmick play for a guaranteed 2 yards.
I know what you are trying to say, but technically that isn't true. Florida runs QB dives with Tebow frequently, with the anticipation of getting 3 or more yards. Many 3rd and shorts's, and by short I mean 2-3yds, are Tebow downs at UF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #42
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
If your only recourse to fix a problem is to take away user control, because you can't program against exploits correctly, then maybe you need better programmers.
I know i will be called a ***** and basher for this.. but this is the pattern with Madden next gen.. Issues never really seem to get "fixed". Its and endless cycle of patching and tweaking with this game, and one patch or tweak always breaks something else it seems.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

Did anyone here that tried this in the NCAA game or demo actually not like it? Seems good to me. The only time you'd be running a QB sneak is for some short yardage that you could get via the dive animation anyway.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've tried it and I like the way it works means you will only see it when literally breathing that goal line, Its not sure fire anymore yet not useless which works for me.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #45
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

Why not in the future have a whole other set of controls specifically for sneak/goaline plays. Like the one where the guy might be stopped short, but stretches the ball out while standing. Or different specific dives, or spin/falls. Basically take the controls and change them to specific short yardage controls. Then you take away the cheese aspect, while also giving us control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #46
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
You can control the QB you know. Hold left or right and pick the hole and he'll head that way. He's going to the ground though - he's not running full speed (which was always an exploit remember?).
No I didn't know that (not exactly an informative book) but I doubt it'll help very much. Seems inclined to just fall flat on his face/into the OL and not gain more than half a yard from my previous tries. I'm in a situation for it now so might as well give it a try....hmm it worked the same way it used to there and I got 3 yards. Trying it again he just fell on the ground but yes at least I could control direction instead of falling into the OL. Still don't like this at all. Can't QB sneak it from the 2 and get a TD,I'm pretty sure I've seen successful QB sneaks from the 2 and even the 3 on sunday.

Online ruining offline again. Keep it for online but make it optional for offline. Though maybe with what I'm expecting/hoping to be a MUCH better line in Madden it might work. The human NCAA lines couldn't block styrafoam (OL) or break through bubble wrap (DL) but that one is on the AI OL that just holds all the time and never gets called.

Not having played online other than one game of Madden 07 I'm not much for exploits,though that one ended on an exploit when the other guy got the pause menu stuck on my screen and I just left it there and it eventually locked everything up.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #47
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I know what you are trying to say, but technically that isn't true. Florida runs QB dives with Tebow frequently, with the anticipation of getting 3 or more yards. Many 3rd and shorts's, and by short I mean 2-3yds, are Tebow downs at UF.
Actually, Florida runs these plays out of a shotgun where Tebow has a chance to get a running start toward the line more like a RB would. These plays are different from a QB sneak.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:41 PM   #48
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Here we go,photo-graphic evi-dence of WHY this doesn't work. (Turns out I can up highlights after all,just can't get to EAsportsworld on the menus)

So here's the set up,called QB sneak and pre-play it looked like this:

NCAA Football 10 Photo

As you can see there is a giant hole open there in the middle for what should be an easy TD. Now it might look like that NC guy between the LB and DT is gonna cover it but he backed up some and there was tons of room. Perfectly reasonable to expect this to work for a TD in this situation with such a short distance to get there.

I press up on the stick.
Of course with the new sneak it doesn't actually work:

NCAA Football 10 Photo

The QB for some unknown reason decides to be a fool and attempts to shove his head up the center's *** and gets pushed back. Wrong hole dude! Unfortunate for all involved. (Apologies to any Wake Forrest fans that had to see that,the QB himself and his family.)

So instead of a TD...

NCAA Football 10 Photo

...comes up short with the center steppin' on his head.

Last edited by goh; 07-17-2009 at 09:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »