Home

Thoughts on "Living Rosters" for Madden

This is a discussion on Thoughts on "Living Rosters" for Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Question Thoughts on "Living Rosters" for Madden

I picked up MLB 2K9 the other day and one thing I like about it (after sifting through all the bugs) is the Living Updates features:

Quote:
Living Rosters – Active roster updates guarantee your game is current. Rosters are automatically updated behind the scenes, so you’re never late on a trade and always have the hottest players in your starting lineup.
It's pretty nifty. When you load up the game and are signed into XBox Live (I assume both silver and gold work, but have only tested it on gold) you download the updated roster in about 10 to 15 seconds. It's very up to date. Manny signed his deal yesterday and the rosters already reflect it.

The rosters and lineups are updated to reflect real life. I also remember reading somewhere that ratings are updated through these as well (although I don't know how often this is done).

My question is this:
Is this something you'd like to see implemented in Madden?

I think it is a great idea and would love to see it in '10 () or, at the latest, '11. Admittedly, if this were to be implemented in this year's Madden it may come at the expense of something else. However, I think it'd do wonders for quick games and online play and personally think it would be worth implementing in lieu of something like animated towels or refs on the field. I don't think it'd be too difficult to find updated rosters.. Teams routinely publish depth charts and websites like ESPN.com (who EA has a deal with) and NFL.com have them updated frequently.

If it would come at the expense of franchise mode updates or improved game play I would certainly rather wait on it (especially if it meant the game shipped as buggy as MLB 2K9 is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDvZChYR6I0).

Last edited by StevieTheD; 03-06-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2009, 12:38 AM   #2
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Thoughts on "Living Rosters" for Madden

Love it........ but for me, I love having the most realistic season every year so I would like to play a week of my season in franchise every week after monday nights game with that previous weeks transactions reflected in my franchise, it would absolutely just make me the happiest knowing that I wouldn't have to make all those moves to reflect how they happened in the league for that week.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:57 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Love it........ but for me, I love having the most realistic season every year so I would like to play a week of my season in franchise every week after monday nights game with that previous weeks transactions reflected in my franchise, it would absolutely just make me the happiest knowing that I wouldn't have to make all those moves to reflect how they happened in the league for that week.
MLB 2K9 does not have the Living Rosters update their franchise mode. It only works for non-franchise games.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:42 AM   #4
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieTheD
MLB 2K9 does not have the Living Rosters update their franchise mode. It only works for non-franchise games.

I know I am just saying the way I would like for a living roster to work.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:45 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
I know I am just saying the way I would like for a living roster to work.
Agreed. It'd be awesome to do this. Although, they would need to find some way to coordinate in-game injuries with real-life injuries. I suppose the work-around to that would be to only have trades, drops, and adds be the only roster changes. I suppose if a player made a trade that wasn't reflective of real life it'd have to automatically turn off these roster updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2009, 05:48 AM   #6
All Star

OVR: 33

As opposed to frequent roster updates?

The current system of releasing them every 3 or 4 weeks is more than fine. Rating and transactions can all be determined with care.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Every 3-4 weeks?

In this day and age anything less than each week is not good enough IMO.

If I had my way id like each update to happen as SOON as any trade/signings happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »