Home

No Exclusivity=Ian/EA Scrambling

This is a discussion on No Exclusivity=Ian/EA Scrambling within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: No Exclusivity=Ian/EA Scrambling

CB you have to say it like this

inb4lock
Old 03-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #18

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
I'm basing that off of something Ian had said when he first join the site. One of the fourm members asked if him communicating with us had something to do with the license and he respond to the sense of if not for the license he wouldn't be able to be as open about what they're doing with Madden.
Yea I thought after I had posted that that although I'm sure some form of communication would continue, it would be nowhere near what it is now and wouldn't get nearly as many details as we are currently privy to.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #19
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Yea I thought after I had posted that that although I'm sure some form of communication would continue, it would be nowhere near what it is now and wouldn't get nearly as many details as we are currently privy to.
thats the wrong attitude imo, i mean who cares if they are on the forums. just make a game that works and can stand on its own 2 legs when compared to a last gen game from 5 years ago. I mean seriously, all they do here is sell and market. thats it. they are real people so Im sure they are decent guys and whatnot but be realistic, they arent doing us a favor by being here.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #20
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

I dont want early details. I want a better game. Competition brings better products. Not message boards. EA has the devoplers on this site because of the reaction they are seeing about 09 and the number of people bringing up 2k5. With the dev's here, it will sell more games. With competion, EA would be motivated to make the game better not the hype. Not to say it doesnt LOOK like madden may be making the right changes, but money talks. They dont want to lose profits becasue they spent (lets just say 10 million) money changing the game and now they get the people who say "im not buying madden anymore". Even if all those people but madden 10 it wont make up for the cost it will take to develop the new things. New things cost money. This is a business. The best business desion tells you to give updated rosters with minimal upgrades that appear to be more than they are. It seems madden may not feel that way this year. They may actually go by the other business concepts of "you have to spend money to make money" and "the customer is always right"

Point being...... Message boards DO NOT make a better game. COMPETITION DOES.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #21
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Point being...... Message boards DO NOT make a better game. COMPETITION DOES.

Competition is good for everyone, but it isn't the what everyone thinks it is, either. It's great to have choice, but history has also shown the more choices doesn't always equate to better competition.

I only have to bring up the baseball games and basketball games to validate that.

It's also naive to put the cart before the horse in either case of hoping EA will fail and hoping EA will come through with Madden this year.

I'm willing give give Ian and his new team the benefit of the doubt at this time. Why? I haven't heard anything negative from Ian and his team about 10 to be hopeless about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #22
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Competition is good for everyone, but it isn't the what everyone thinks it is, either. It's great to have choice, but history has also shown the more choices doesn't always equate to better competition.

I'm willing give give Ian and his new team the benefit of the doubt at this time. Why? I haven't heard anything negative from Ian and his team about 10 to be hopeless about.
I AGREE

but i think we might agree that the competition between 2k5 and madden would help. If not thats fine you have made good points. I wont give up on madden and competition isnt ALWAYS better so your definatly right. But imo THIS case is important to have competition.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

IMO, compitition only takes away from your sales, it is the ones building the product that make it stand above the rest, there could be 10 companys makeing a football game does that mean all 10 will be just as good as each other.

If Ian and crew keep going in the direction they have shown, the compition will have alot of ground to cover, I hope.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #24
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Its all good, I am confident this year. Look at the ever so active community and the Developer talks. The Madden Crew seems very dedicated. Look what they said in the MLB SCEA forum.
-http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ts-gaming.html

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »