Home

For M10 sake, Which is Worst Draft or Progression!?

This is a discussion on For M10 sake, Which is Worst Draft or Progression!? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Hurts Franchise More....?
Draft 26 44.07%
Progression 33 55.93%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
For M10 sake, Which is Worst Draft or Progression!?

Hey guys to stir the pot a little and really get some Major Features this year based around Franchise i wanna know what do you think needs more Work, Draft Or Progression?

Personally i say Draft Picks....

They are 70-80% Worthless. If i have a top 5 Pick he still comes out around 70-80 which is unacceptable they need to be a FRANCHISE player for the next decade. Trading away picks for real players becomes the norm because Drafted ones arent good enough.

Your Thoughts is Progression more Harmfull than Draft?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: For M10 sake, Which is Worst Draft or Progression!?

I say progression

the dreaft can always be helped by the NCAA drafts. Draft ratings are only super bad because player dont progress in any type of pattern that you can control or help
Old 03-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

This is like a Chicken or the Egg question. I like the topic - I chose Progression for a similar reason as the above poster.

Personally, I hope Donny or Ian would clear this up sooner than later. I refuse to go into this game blind as to how Progression/Draft Logic will be fixed.

If that means a blog post/weekly update, so be it. They have made great strides in gameplay... that is obvious. They have yet to tell us a single thing about Franchise - the most broken aspect of Next Gen Madden.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
Hey guys to stir the pot a little and really get some Major Features this year based around Franchise i wanna know what do you think needs more Work, Draft Or Progression?

Personally i say Draft Picks....

They are 70-80% Worthless. If i have a top 5 Pick he still comes out around 70-80 which is unacceptable they need to be a FRANCHISE player for the next decade. Trading away picks for real players becomes the norm because Drafted ones arent good enough.

Your Thoughts is Progression more Harmfull than Draft?
Just to let you know, top 5 picks aren't franchise players in real life either, sometimes they are, most of the time they aren't. That's exactly why most teams try to trade down, but other teams don't want the pick either, because they must invest so much money in the player and if he doesn't pan out, then the organization is screwed for 5 years or more.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #5
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada

Trading away picks for real players becomes the norm because Drafted ones arent good enough.
For realism sake I try to limit doing this.

But you make a good point. I've had my share of WTH draft picks. Where yes...I could have done much better by trading the pick for an existing player. And with progression being random as far as I can tell, just makes things worse with draft picks.

It's a tough choice...but I'll go with progression.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 7

You know what, i would really love if they made 50 or so draft classes like in head coach, with studs, duds, and late round gems.

random generated players have been inconsistent for years in madden ie: scrambling qb comming out with 82 speed and 50 acc. Or stud RB comming out with 60 stamina.

Head Coach did a great job on drafte classes (go joe kane).
Old 03-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7

ohhh but on that note, i think progression has to be FIXED before the draft, what use is it having a great draft, if the players dont progress or progress randomly.

IMO these both have no excuse to not be fixed.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 31

I cannot understand how Madden has years upon years of data to compile into how much variation each position, player and age varied yet they still have this terribly simple age progression.

Think about how much players have changed in previous Maddens. Guys who have good years, bad years then great years.....this is not represented in the franchise progression system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »