Home

The Former Regime of Developers

This is a discussion on The Former Regime of Developers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How Do You Feel About This Video?
Very Sad and im glad its over 77 82.80%
Those Were Legit Money Plays 1 1.08%
LOL! 28 30.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: The Former Regime of Developers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Now that Phil has come on and explained things, maybe we can stop with the rampant hating. I don't give any developer a free pass, but I try to give everyone a fair chance, it seemed like people were taking that video the wrong way entirely.
We have a RIGHT to vent out after seeing a video like that one where developers enjoy using things that made us suffer for years and since Madden 06 for Xbox 360 we have suffered from THAT very team year in and year out.

When i heard about phil taking over i was estatic because i knew he came from the original generation maddens and he would pick up the pieces and do a better job. So NO i wont give them a free pass and if anyone wants to vent then let them because that video was disgusting and made me sick to my stomach when i first saw that
Old 03-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #58
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin4QB
Why would ESPN ask them to "share their favorite glitches"? i dont think that makes much sense seeing as they are a sports channel not a gaming channel who know about glitches and even so i dont think they would want to see glitches if they knew what they were

Second Mr Frazier i hope you watch my videos because i can help you guys tweak the game the way it should and to me there was one weakness that hurt the game and continues to and thats the strafe catch. I play top madden ballers and all anyone can do is strafe catch and curl route in this game. Mr Frazier i share the same goals as you for a better and well accepted finished product and im telling you i can help you reach that goal.

I Have sent you and Ian friend requests on xbox live in which have yet to be accepted but i understand you dont like to be bothered much but thats not my intentions i just thought it would be cool to have a few games of anything with ya'll.

Take Care Dev Team
I wasn't producing or heavily involved in the show but because it was a pay-per-view thing, they wanted insider content that people might pay for. I guess they assumed that 'secrets' or 'glitches' are that content. I can't say I disagree as there are several Madden sites that offer glitches for a price.

I'll accept the friend request as soon as I get online again. It's a busy week this week as we have a huge milestone this Friday. That and I was dealing with talent today.

Phil
Old 03-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #59
Turn 10 - Microsoft

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccormi
The question is whether the big boys up top feel the same way, or if a change in sales would (hopefully never) cause them to divert back to previous methods of production.

My point being, IMO Operation Sports may very well just be a small minority of gamers who want the true sim experience. If a large portion of the fanbase starts complaining that the game has become too difficult or hard to pick up and play, would EA move back in it's old direction just to meet the quota of old.

Of course, these sort of things would be out of your hands. All you guys can really do is KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
At the end of the day, our ultimate success is not measured by reviews, blog comments, or fan sites. It's sales. If we managed to hit a 100 metacritic but sold 50% of our forecast, that's a problem. We're a business and as a business our goal is to make money.

Ian and I try to let the big wigs handle that side of the business. Our goal is to make a great game. We both personally feel that you don't need to dumb down the game or add gimmicks to maintain our sales forecasts. If you just make a kick-*** game of football, the sales will follow. That's what we're trying to do this year. If we deliver that kick-*** game of football and the sales don't follow, well I'm guessing we'll have more big-wigs involved in our design process.

If you like the game this year, encourage your friends and their friends to buy it.

Phil
Old 03-10-2009, 10:49 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 24

In fairness to those EA guys ... if your company told you to whore your product, you'd do it.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:54 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA
At the end of the day, our ultimate success is not measured by reviews, blog comments, or fan sites. It's sales. If we managed to hit a 100 metacritic but sold 50% of our forecast, that's a problem. We're a business and as a business our goal is to make money.

Ian and I try to let the big wigs handle that side of the business. Our goal is to make a great game. We both personally feel that you don't need to dumb down the game or add gimmicks to maintain our sales forecasts. If you just make a kick-*** game of football, the sales will follow. That's what we're trying to do this year. If we deliver that kick-*** game of football and the sales don't follow, well I'm guessing we'll have more big-wigs involved in our design process.

If you like the game this year, encourage your friends and their friends to buy it.

Phil
Lol, if you make Madden as great as you guys seem to be trying, I'll stand outside Gamestop with a sandwich board
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA

Phil
And their friends, friends, friends...
Old 08-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 13

I wanted to bump this because it represents all of my gloom and the "Dark Ages" of Madden.

I'm so glad we're out of that era. Here's to sim! Keep striving, Ian & co.

I'm enjoying Madden 10 and I'm confident that you guys are always looking to improve it towards reality. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #64
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
I wanted to bump this because it represents all of my gloom and the "Dark Ages" of Madden.

I'm so glad we're out of that era. Here's to sim! Keep striving, Ian & co.

I'm enjoying Madden 10 and I'm confident that you guys are always looking to improve it towards reality. Thanks!
I'm really glad you bumped this. For everyone who sits and insults the current dev team, watch that video and understand how the mindset of the development team has changed.

I cannot believe the previous team was happy to see money plays and nanos. There was no concept of "football."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »