Home

Has on-line franchise been discussed at all?

This is a discussion on Has on-line franchise been discussed at all? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2009, 12:31 PM   #17
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Has on-line franchise been discussed at all?

with all the flaws in NCAA the competition and the year after year development of building your team and recruiting against other hums has made NCAA have a incredible replay value. if you guys havent experienced this with a great group of sim players you have no idea what you are missing.

i really dont know if i believe that online franchise wont be in. the mission statement from ea seemed to be that they wanted to get every game with-in the entire company online. seems that there will be a pc version this year and im sure it will have franchise or what would be the point. seems with the great success that NCAA is still having with guys playing in OD's it would be hard for then to no do it. unless it would be so time consuming that they decided to get the other fixes in before adding it next year. with all the good ive heard for madden if they dont have this i wont buy. no way would i waste my time playing madden over NCAA's OD mode even if madden is viewed as a better game after release.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
with all the flaws in NCAA the competition and the year after year development of building your team and recruiting against other hums has made NCAA have a incredible replay value. if you guys havent experienced this with a great group of sim players you have no idea what you are missing.

i really dont know if i believe that online franchise wont be in. the mission statement from ea seemed to be that they wanted to get every game with-in the entire company online. seems that there will be a pc version this year and im sure it will have franchise or what would be the point. seems with the great success that NCAA is still having with guys playing in OD's it would be hard for then to no do it. unless it would be so time consuming that they decided to get the other fixes in before adding it next year. with all the good ive heard for madden if they dont have this i wont buy. no way would i waste my time playing madden over NCAA's OD mode even if madden is viewed as a better game after release.
Exactly... once you experience this type of game mode you will not go back.

And why can't we have both?! Why can't the game be revamped and on-line franchise be worked on at the same time. It's getting a bit irritating that we have to deal with these incremental updates.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #19
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Exactly... once you experience this type of game mode you will not go back.

And why can't we have both?! Why can't the game be revamped and on-line franchise be worked on at the same time. It's getting a bit irritating that we have to deal with these incremental updates.

we absolutely should have both BUT

if gameplay/franchise are broke OFFLINE doesn't it make sense to fix them first THEN go ONLINE?
Old 03-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
we absolutely should have both BUT

if gameplay/franchise are broke OFFLINE doesn't it make sense to fix them first THEN go ONLINE?
I definitely agree, but I think its the same thing for the most part is it not?

You fix the off-line franchise, fix progression for gods sakes that thing is destroyed at this point. But you fix off=line franchise and get it where you want it and then you take that and put it on-line.

If they want to do the lazy version they can just implement a file spawn and merge system like in the CG game (minus the merge error please )

There should be a separate on-line team that would just make sure stat tracking is working properly and that you can see your opponents player names on the field when two "franchise / custom" teams face each other (I only say that cause it was broken in 09).

I just feel as if they fix the off-line part it wouldn't be too difficult to port it over into the on-line world.

I don't know, I just feel like they can do it, because I can only assume that there is a dedicated on-line team and a dedicated franchise team that can come together and get it working. What else is the on-line team doing, the game plays fine on-line for the most part...I doubt they have much to work on...
Old 03-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
perhaps i'm in the minority...i could care less about online franchise

fix :

*gameplay

*offline franchise

*as well as continued enhancement of presentation

those are my priorities

This 100% sums up my thoughts when "online franchise" is brought up

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanmank
This 100% sums up my thoughts when "online franchise" is brought up
My problem is that the we are trained to believe that first Offline franchise must be fixed and THEN and ONLY then can they start to think about On-line franchise.

My solution... DO BOTH!!!

I don't want to pay $60 this year for a hopefully perfected Off-line franchise and then pay ANOTHER $60 next year for On-line franchise.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 12

What also makes an online franchise mode so great is that when u get a group of friends that play fair and are compeative and sim type players its an awsome experence. plus you dont have to worry about people going for it on 4th down when unnessary,doing the qb sneak every 4 plays, quiting on you,picking the same teams over and over agian,running back 30 yards on every pass play,putting players in the worng positions just to get an advantage. all those things you dont have to worry about if you are in a good online league. plus there is no bigger braging rights then taking your drafted team all the way to the superbowl in an all human controlled online franchise.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
What also makes an online franchise mode so great is that when u get a group of friends that play fair and are compeative and sim type players its an awsome experence. plus you dont have to worry about people going for it on 4th down when unnessary,doing the qb sneak every 4 plays, quiting on you,picking the same teams over and over agian,running back 30 yards on every pass play,putting players in the worng positions just to get an advantage. all those things you dont have to worry about if you are in a good online league. plus there is no bigger braging rights then taking your drafted team all the way to the superbowl in an all human controlled online franchise.
Exactly! Also, you're facing custom teams every week.. so it doesn't get stale. It's also neat to see how different people like to build their teams... and the inevitable trade rapes It's just great fun and sadly if you want to experience it you have to still play the PS2 version... not sure what kind of message that sends out, but NG is not very NG right now if you ask me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »