Home

Question Regarding Sim Stats

This is a discussion on Question Regarding Sim Stats within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Question Regarding Sim Stats

I know last year you guys at EA made an effort to make simulated stats in Franchise Mode more realistic and got rid of the multiple 2,000 yard rushers and ridiculous 30:2 TD to INT ratios and stuff like that, but my question is- are you guys going to do the same in Madden '10 ? I'd hate to pick up my copy of of the game in August with all of these awesome new additions only to find that there are unrealistic stats in Franchise Mode again.

Maybe in a few months you guys could start simming some seasons and showing us, the fans, the results and then we can give some feedback on what looks good and what doesn't ??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: Question Regarding Sim Stats

I too look forward to seeing this..I believe we were able to assist last year and look forward to assisting again this year in this regard.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchditcher
I know last year you guys at EA made an effort to make simulated stats in Franchise Mode more realistic and got rid of the multiple 2,000 yard rushers and ridiculous 30:2 TD to INT ratios and stuff like that, but my question is- are you guys going to do the same in Madden '10 ? I'd hate to pick up my copy of of the game in August with all of these awesome new additions only to find that there are unrealistic stats in Franchise Mode again.

Maybe in a few months you guys could start simming some seasons and showing us, the fans, the results and then we can give some feedback on what looks good and what doesn't ??
I still thought the sim stats were off. I didnt see any players having break out seasons or anything close to record breaking after doing 20 seasons complete sim. There was no 2000 yard rusher, there was no back with 20+ TDs/total TDs, no one came close to throwing 5000 yards or throwing 50 TD passes, no one had 20 sacks, no one had 18 or more receving TDs or 1500+ yards catching, and no one had 120+ catches in a season.

In the past 5 years how many records have been broken and rebroken again? There needs to be a balance from keeping the league from overproducing and having players have record and performance breaking years. This is one of the issues that was "fixed" but it truely was overfixed to the point where great stuff wont happen.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:20 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
I still thought the sim stats were off. I didnt see any players having break out seasons or anything close to record breaking after doing 20 seasons complete sim. There was no 2000 yard rusher, there was no back with 20+ TDs/total TDs, no one came close to throwing 5000 yards or throwing 50 TD passes, no one had 20 sacks, no one had 18 or more receving TDs or 1500+ yards catching, and no one had 120+ catches in a season.

In the past 5 years how many records have been broken and rebroken again? There needs to be a balance from keeping the league from overproducing and having players have record and performance breaking years. This is one of the issues that was "fixed" but it truely was overfixed to the point where great stuff wont happen.

I agree- most RBs had less than 10 TDs, and there would be 1 or 2 QBs with over 4000 yds or 25 TDs, when the trend is that those numbers have been getting higher IRL. Also, QB completion % were the most broken stat... they would still all be 60-70% completion. There should be the occasion break out player like Alexander's/LT's record breaking years, and Manning's/Brady's record breaking years

I think more info like this will accompany franchise info, because they probably don't want to give away the screens of franchise mode, when nothing else has been announced yet.

Madden '10 "foundation" + depth of Head Coach 09 = my dream franchise mode.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #5
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm kind of a stats junkie myself.

A lot of the game is dedicated to player/team stats, so yeah...it's important that they be as accurate to real life as possible.

With Ian & Co's focus on "sim" this year [thank God] I've got a good feeling they'll let us see what they've come up with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #6
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

They are still really off, but not as bad as previous years.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

I'm positive stats will once again be tuned, they have to with all these new player attributes (short, long passes etc).

The one that annoyed me most was QB completion % as that would affect your QB rating. And simming 10 seasons in there would be about 10 QB who had a career QB rating over 90, that is a bit harder to achieve in real life.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono078
I'm positive stats will once again be tuned, they have to with all these new player attributes (short, long passes etc).

The one that annoyed me most was QB completion % as that would affect your QB rating. And simming 10 seasons in there would be about 10 QB who had a career QB rating over 90, that is a bit harder to achieve in real life.

We have players like Farve IRL that have a career QB rating of something around 85.4 and he is HOF bound.

I just looked up the completion %s on chad pennington, tom brady, and peyton manning. Chad has 66% and I think they have said he is the more accurate QB ever during his career(dont remember). Manning had a 64.4% and Brady had a 63.0% career complitions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »